Have verizon fios seems to hit a wall well before the limits. Help!!

Wardog17

Hello and thank you for reading!

I currently have Verizon fios and use utorrent. i have opened my ports and all of the stuff that goes along with that. i originally used the actionteck router/modem that Verizon gave to me but it busted and i got a belken router with no modem at all. i assume the modem is in the garrage where the installed the box. the thing is when i go to download a torrent the max download speed i have ever seen is like 2.5mgbts a sec and i mean to the dot! the graph will flat line and not move an inch higher. i see the same thing with my upload speed but that will only go up to about 560 kilobits a sec. it even did the same axact thing with the actionteck router! it might seem like im whining about nothing but when i pay for 20 megabits down and 5 up i expect to be able to use it all. i have used speed tests and i am reaching the right speeds 20down 5 up.

This is baffling to me! Thanks to all that help!

well maybe you all could help me a bit, sorry if i'm asking a dumb question but i'm new to this megabit/byte thing. So what i'm asking just as wardog i have verizon fios 20/5 and the max i've d/l at is 800 kbs I have it hooked up wireless will it make that much of a difference?

thank you for any advice and/or help in advance

Archived