All files disappeared

drhardlove

Absolutely all files gone without any warning. I've been downloading for months, approx. 300 Gigs on harddisk. All viped out in a blink of an eye, just in front of me. I couldn't believe my eyes. I ran forced recheck and started DL the same files again. So far it seems they are downloading and rebuilding at a pace of 1 to 10. Meaning that for every 1G dl'ed i find 10G's in the destination folder. Anybody have a explanation for this?

Believe me,,, disappeared from the hard drive in only one folder. The rest of the HD is all fine. I even had a few torrents going to another folder on the same hd, these files was still there. but the content in one folder was swept clean.... weird.

They where still in the utorrent window, but not in the destination file anymore. I forced recheck and started all again only to find that all had gone back to 0% finished, and I had at least 150 or 200 gigs at 100% seeding as is a decent thing to do considering the nature of this. After a couple of gigs downloading from fresh I could se that the folder was filled up again with approximatly 10 times as much as downloaded.

My theory is that there must be some information somewhere for this to happen, just wonder where and how to retrieve it without loosing ratio on my favourite dl site.

Hmmm

Just went exit on my utorrent now, and when i restarted it it had lost 20 of the 90 somthing gigs that I had recovered or downloaded. Man this makes me scared :-O

LOL I keep editing. Now when checking i find it's back to 92 gigs from 70 something 2 minutes ago, but I have only downloaded 200 mb.

Hope someone have an answer to what is going on... HEEEEEEELP :-)

Acting up ??? I do believe it is my hard drive that doesn't show all the files that are there yes, the funny thing is that it is only in one of the folders I have downloaded to. I ran disk error checking yesterday with automatically fix and scan for bad sectors, yesterday. I found another extra 5 gigs in the folder when this was finished and a few new subfolders where in place.

Funny thing is when I start Utorrent again I find a few files rechecking. So I open containing folder and find like 3,6 gigs of files inside which is more or less the full download. When I watch the recheck process finish it stops on 2,6% finished and starts downloading from there, which means that it didn't find almost anything of what was there when I browsed the folder. But yes I do believe my HD or specifically my particular folder on this HD has a serious problem. On the other hand it seems like the problem is so local and connected to the fact of DL'ing to this one folder with Utorrent from one particular site, and that puzzles me. Maybe it is due to the folder being so big???

I will try to find some other disk recovery tool that may succeed in retrieving all my data. If any6 of you have a good suggestion to such a tool, preferably not to costly... I am thankful for your suggestions.

Cheers!

Folder size doesn't matter. You're probably going to need to buy a new drive, as that drive may be dying (or perhaps, you may be able to reformat it and hope that the formatting correctly ignores bad sectors).

Recovery utilities generally don't work reliably. Recuva is a freeware undeleter, if you need.

Archived