No connection with peers or seeders

SpantaX

i have just downloaded a torrent with many seeders and peers.

Seeders: 34152

Peers: 71411

The problem is that utorrent won't connect to any of them.

the symbol on the statusbar is green, so the connection is ok, and i have tried openoffice p2p download to test the download speed. On openoffice my speed was 250kbps, but on other torrents i cant seem to get over 20kbps.

why?

i am not connected to a router, and i have configured the firewall so that utorrent is not affected.

my internet connection is wireless. i use a usb modem to access the mobile network and use HSDPA/GPRS and so on..

i have also adjusted the max upload speed to 17kbps.

i have the same problem i will copy and change different info

i have just downloaded a torrent with many seeders and peers.

Seeders4152

Peers: 1411

The problem is that utorrent won't connect to any of them.

the symbol on the statusbar is green, so the connection is ok, and i have tried openoffice p2p download to test the download speed. On openoffice my speed was 110kbps, but on other torrents i cant seem to get over 9kbps.

why?

i am connected to a router, and i have configured the firewall so that utorrent is not affected.

my internet connection adsl

this has only happened the last 2 days

OK, I think I've figured out a fix. Go into your Internet Connection Properties. Look under the scroll box where it has the Internet Protocol and File and Print Sharing options, etc and click Install. A new box should pop up asking you to select Network Component Type. Select Protocol, then click Add. For me there were three things to install:

Network Monitor Driver

NWLink NetBIOS

Microsoft TCP/IP version 6

I installed both the NetBIOS one and the Microsoft TCP/IP one, but I'm pretty sure TCP/IP is the only one you need to install. After doing this, I am now able to connect and maintain stable connections with multiple peers at a time. Before, I would only be connected to one at most(usually none), and even if I was connected, it would be really slow.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived