µTorrent 1.9 alpha 15380

Firon

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can you please add to the issue of the download limit - another one:

Upload data rate is a bit OVER the upload limit. Not by much, but on a 20K UL line with 13K limit the extra 2-4K are important...

not sure if it's ~+2-4K or ~+10% though ...

Updated to 1.9 alpha 14659 as the dev's asked in 1.8.3 thread. It works good for 2 hours already with bt.transp_disposition=255, no weight gaining spotted ;)

uT now: Private Bytes ~ 80Mb's, Working Set ~ 55Mb's, Virtual Size ~ 261 in proc. exp. I have ~500 torrents active now, bt.allow_same_ip=true, bt.multiscrape=false, bt.scrape_stopped=true(our local torrent won't support scrape, so i am too :D), that's all i think. Had a leak in 1.8.3 but this one seems fine to me. Except the download shown around ~14kbyte\s when i'm only uploading, not downloading anything.

here is the way I've noticed it's behaving with memory deallocation. Maybe it should be that way in Windows though...

I have 2 torrents, stopped. Windows' task manager is used to measure the memory allocated. peers tab is in view.

- I run uTorrent and it have ~4.5M usage (all stopped)

- I start the two torrents and get to 100 connections @ ~14M (either bt.tranp_disposition = 5 or 10 )

- now I stop the two torrents. Nothing is changed much. still ~14M. Also if I close to tray and re-open it - no change.

- next I just MINIMIZE it to the task bar. It drops immediately to ~3M

- I re-open the uT window - it's ~4.5M again ....

It's not leaking , but I wonder - should it only deallocate memory upon minimizing ? ... may be due to the way Windows manages it's memory ?...

Yes that's normal behaviour for windows :)

I've noticed the two builds after 14470 have impacted my browsing speeds much more, I think it is using more upload than it should, I have it limited which was working fine in 14470 and my web browsing speed was hardly affected even when downloading at near full speed (which was fantastic as I didnt have to stop downloads to browse) but since trying the later betas they seem to slow things down again.

It could be that its just making more TCP connections than before, I'm not sure, I shall have to test it in more detail at some point

The latest beta doesn't seem to utilize my upload well. I think it has already been reported, just confirming. When in Auto, the upload is used half at best, till the limit drops to around 14k. If I set the limit myself to, say 60, the upload fluctuates between 14-30kB/s. 1.8.2 utilizes my upload correctly on the same torrent.

I set the upload speed in auto and net.calc_overhead set false, my upload speed do not estabilished... up max 80kb/s and down up to 14kb/s ... not fix speed... limiting speed is a very poor.. speed dont up more than 16kb/s... in auto speed is better for limit speed..

I not see, but this problems not occurred on high speed lines, fiber optical or cable links... in adsl uTp and 1.9 and 1.8.3 version is poor...

Developers for this version need try to use this programs on normal connections and routed connections to try solution for this problem, this 1.9 version not accepted to release candidate or official version if not soluted this upload speed problem... this cause big problems on speed on the world.. on torrent sections...

How to enable and disable it:

Preferences > Advanced, change bt.transp_disposition. This is now a bitfield, so you can add up the following numbers to get your desired setting.

1 - outgoing TCP

I set bt.transp_disposition now in 1 and upload speed is very high now... Estabilished in more speed from other versions... I use now in this speed

> - Change: added checkbox to the build torrent dialog so the user has the option not to rearrange the file order.

Not sure if this was reported already. If I create torrent and start seeding, it will work fine. But if I seed separately (e.g. open .torrent file in Windows) and the file is not in µTorrent list, a force recheck will not work properly once a torrent is loaded correctly.

Every-so-often when I go to open the latest µTorrent (14659) on Vista my CPU shoots up to 100% on one of my cores and I have noticed that it is explorer that hits 50% CPU (the 100% on one core). I have also noted that when I go to open the Task Manager it takes forever to open and when I do anything with it it takes forever. In the mean while µTorrent takes forever to open. Once it does explorer.exe is frozen to commands from the mouse in chunks of time and then runs them one all at one. µTorrent also runs slower then normal (like changing a setting and clicking OK) but the main interface (changing tabs and such) seem to work fine.

I'm not sure what I should send in in terms of statistics but let me know and when it does happen again I can get the required information. A reboot usually fixes this problem, but thats quite invasive.

Once it is open the CPU drops to normal unless I open the Task Manager or open a dialog box in the program or click on it or hover over the tray icon.

I use btpd 0.15 (but same problem with btpd 0.13) and µTorrent display that the client is "btpd/0.15|Øq%öc¤Ð>¾".

If I use Transmission (Ubuntu), I have "BT Protocol Daemon 0.1". It perhaps a bug with btpd and not µTorrent, I don't know.

A little question : I have btpd 0.15 in IPv6/IPv4 and µTorrent in IPv6/IPv4 and my network is full IPv6, but my tracker isn't IPv6. This is normal that the transfert use only IPv4 ? Why this two clients transfert in IPv4 and not in IPv6 ?

Edit :

If I add manually the IPv6 of the client with btpd, µTorrent use correctly the IPv6 to transfert. I have in the clients list, the IPv4 and the IPv6 of this client :

91.121.209.196:6881

[2001:41d0:1:fec4::1]:6881

I suppose that the problem is the tracker, it send only IPv4 and µTorrent don't know that this client is also IPv6.

@Firon: I have random various files (its a Downloads folder with random crap in it). Hmmm could that be the issue? Its looking for something thats not there? Although non of the torrents in the program and in that dir they are in another dedicated dir.

Archived