µTorrent 1.9 alpha 15380

Firon

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

uTP supposedly uses smaller packets than standard TCP connections. Roughly 300 byte packet size?

...versus 1400 byte size of normal TCP?

So the overheads for each packet probably add up, but even that wouldn't explain 300% increase in download traffic while uploading using uTP instead of TCP.

I noticed that somewhere along the line, double-clicking the tray icon while the window was open would minimize µTorrent (in my case back to the tray). I used to quickly toggle it open and closed that way. Is this intentional?

I noticed that somewhere along the line, double-clicking the tray icon while the window was open would minimize µTorrent (in my case back to the tray). I used to quickly toggle it open and closed that way. Is this intentional?"

You can set that behavior in Preferences > UI Settings > System Tray

Hi

I use µTorrent 1.8.3.14755 and µTorrent 1.9.0.14659

1: I use remote access to my computer and I often see the bug(in 1.8.3, 1.9, but not in 1.8.2)- In different places (such as name column, Files tab, labels, feeds and even in windows explorer(names of files are shown like abrakadabra)) instead of normal values I see abrakadabrra (like U:60kb/s D:89 kb/s or Total:*). This bug is not PrintScreenable. In screens all looks fine.

2: When I add torrent (that i already have), I choose folder with files, but i get message, that there are no free space. (not a bug, maybe utorrent first will look for existing files and then calculate free space )

3: Seems that 1.9.0.14659 create a wrong torrent. (calculate wrong hashes)

I create a torrent to a folder by 1.9.0.14659. I started seed(I changed utorrent to 1.8.3). Then I understand, that I seed bad pieces(all leechers had 90%). I recheked torrent. I have 90% of files.

I thought some files were corrupted. It's wrong, All files are ok.

I made torrent to folder by 1.8.3. And compare torrents (using xml export by Vuze).

After 711's piece hashes are different.

Then i again launched 1.9 and create torrent. Compare. After 711's piece hashes are same from the first torrent(that created by 1.9)(and are different from 1.8.3). Click rechecked and I have 90%.

So 1.9 create a wrong hashes to all peices for second file in folder.

XML:

http://www.mediafire.com/?n92sswz0jww - first torrent by 1.9

http://www.mediafire.com/?mibd8nacc4d - second torrent by 1.8.3

http://www.mediafire.com/?0ilfbhd1lxc - third torrent by 1.9 (same as first but have another creation date)

Sorry for my english

You can set that behavior in Preferences > UI Settings > System Tray

No, it's/was a bug, I fixed it by reverting back to 1.8.2 for a moment. Sadly I was only checking previous behavior to be sure that was how it worked, I didn't backup my settings/resume data :(

Before that though, I enabled "Close to Tray" in 1.9 and it worked, stopped when I removed it. Not the first time I've gotten a bug from not using Close to Tray. Works properly without it now. (To clarify, what I was doing was double-clicking the icon to hide/show the window, it wasn't hiding like it used to before all this).

ProUkorN:

1) This sounds like some kind of virus. You say when you take a screenshot it all looks fine?

2) not a bug report, right? I don't understand what your point with that is.

3) The hash bug in 1.9 is know and has been fixed for some time. You should either try the latest build of 1.9, or check the "preserve file order" checkbox.

1 1 no viruses (scanned by kav)

2 i don.t launch programs on remote machine(use only utorrent, some services)

3 i don't see it before (on 1.8.2)

4 ehhh "This would not be a uTorrent bug" - maybe.

This bug appeared few time(5-30 minutes) after launching utorrent and disappeared soon.

Bug only in displaying names(so no renaming files)

"You say when you take a screenshot it all looks fine?"

Yes. In screenshots all looks fine. Maybe in next time i will try get screenshots from local machine

2 When i add torrent and choose folder with files, which i already have- i get message that "There are not enough free space"

3 ice

Like I said, random wrong data in the listview is a REMOTE DESKTOP BUG.

This has been confirmed. It can and does happen with other apps. There is no trigger. It just happens randomly. I've never seen it, but some of my friends do.

The screenshot is obviously fine because you're taking it on the local machine. The local machine displays it fine. The problem happens when RDP displays it remotely.

net.calc_overhead is being ignored completely.

I set upload limit to 30kb/s, and uTorrent displays it at 110kb/s upload.

Why is it not limiting it to 30kb/s like usual :(? I usually upload about 80kb/s (my max is 120kb/s, I like to leave some room for other apps though). No matter what I set it to, uTorrent will simply not obey the limit.

I absolutely loved being able to limit my uTorrent traffic including any overhead it produced - now it seems it does not. If this was removed on purpose, can we please can an option for the limiters to include the overhead?

net.calc_overhead.png

1.9 beta issues:

1) I set download limit to 80, and I get 130-150 ... :P seems like it's still broken.

2) You forgot to put in Richard's fix for the issue RSS "all feeds" clearing of the whole main view when clicking "download" (sometimes... ) - caused by un-focus on the "all feeds" item...

3) with bt.trans_disposition = 15 there seems to be a problem with uTP uploading peers. They seem not to be connecting ... I can not see many/any uTP peers uploading at all . Changing to 5 - seems to fix that...

10231492.th.jpg

DL limit = 50, UL limit = 13

Archived