µTorrent 1.9 alpha 15380

Firon

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@freddyboy: There's actually another bit that was added in a recent 1.9 build.

16: use new uTP header. This is turned off by default in order to talk to 1.8.x peers.

We will likely switch over to this new (and slightly cleaner) uTP protocol header once 1.9 is stable and in wide use. Turning it on now will essentially prevent you from making uTP connections, since only 1.9 of the latest build will accept it.

No, it's/was a bug, I fixed it by reverting back to 1.8.2 for a moment. [...]

To clarify, what I was doing was double-clicking the icon to hide/show the window, it wasn't hiding like it used to before all this

Actually, I'm seeing this behavior inconsistently. Sometimes I can hide/show the window by double-clicking the tray icon, and sometimes I can only show. I'm not sure but I think when it isn't working it causes the window behind it to come up front, I'll need to pay closer attention when it occurs again.

an issue ( bug?) with web seeds . I'm not sure it's related only to this beta only, and if not - please move the post:

in a private torrent , that have web seeds, when you start it the first time - it's DLing fine. When I stop and run again - it will not connect to the web seeds (or my patiance runs out before it does...) . When I make any change (i.e. - CR, space) in the seeds' pane - it seems to connect and start DL almost at once.

edit:

also, if you put the same seed-url several times, sometimes it seems like it misses one (makes one less connection).

AND... pausing seem to *NOT* effect traffic flow from the seed.

edit(2):

also , it seems that data is showing to be downloading, but the progress (%/size) is not changing, seems like it is NOT really downloading... here is an example of such torrent:

http://www.zshare.net/download/5847485419698220

(note: this can be due to specefic problem in the data in this example, and it might be blocked to IPs outside this ISP range...)

I assume the following is what you are talking about, but it says disconnected...how do I configure it, etc:

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 11:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface

Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 02-00-54-55-4E-01

DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No

Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

alpha < beta < RC (in general & to do simple)

The alpha build of the software is the build to the internal software testers, that is, people different from the software engineers, sometimes to the public, but usually internal to the organization or community that develops the software. In a rush to market, more and more companies are engaging external customers or value-chain partners in their alpha testing phase. This allows more extensive usability testing during the alpha phase.

I have recently been using µTorrent on two different computers on my network and have started noticing an error with UPnP - I don't think this was there with 1.8.1 although by the looks of the error it may very well have been.

[2009-04-13 15:15:54]  UPnP: Discovered host: http://192.168.1.1:2869/IGatewayDeviceDescDoc[2009-04-13 15:16:01]  UPnP: Mapped TCP port 61995 -> 192.168.1.80:61995[2009-04-13 15:16:01]  UPnP: TCP port 61995 -> 192.168.1.80:61995 mapped successfully.[2009-04-13 15:16:01]  UPnP: ERROR mapping UDP port 61995 -> 192.168.1.80:61995. Deleting mapping and trying again: (718) The port mapping entry specified conflicts with a mapping assigned previously to another client[2009-04-13 15:16:01]  UPnP: Removed UDP port 61995[2009-04-13 15:16:01]  UPnP: ERROR mapping UDP port 61995 -> 192.168.1.80:61995: (718) The port mapping entry specified conflicts with a mapping assigned previously to another client

I have seen it error on both TCP and UDP, just TCP but not UDP and just UDP and not TCP. I'm going to assume this is normal because both instances try to register themselves as the same thing and the router notifies them that there is already an entry of that name and so they fight over the mapping. Is there some way I can name/identify each client as its own and allow both to coexist in harmony?

Edit: I have a Linksys WRT56GS with stock firmware. Wired Connection from one comp, wireless from the other.

Edit 2: I just noticed (and this maybe related to the top of this page) that all of a sudden µTorrent decides not to abide by the speed limit (not even the per torrent limit) and max out my upload causing my download to suffer greatly (see picture). I'm using the latest alpha 14981. I has now stayed in this operation and is uploading and downloading at the same speeds not obeying the upload limit.

torrent19speed.png

Archived