µTorrent 1.9 alpha 15380

Firon

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And about the [utp] tag vanishing from the Peers tab ? Is it a normal behavior ?

That happens if the uTP connection is dropped, and instead a TCP connection is held. There must be some issue between you and the other peer that causes the uTP connections to drop. What kind of NAT/router do you have?

Well, from the first glance, it doesn't seem to work OK. As soon as I start downloading something, upload performance drops like brick in a vacuum. With 1.8.1 I can upload 145KB/s and download 700KB/s, 1.9 falls to 40KB/s at a 200KB/s download Using mostl uTP connections to uT and BT). Looking at the internal graph, the upload mirrors the download. But I can't tell whether this is 1.9 or the uTP-implmentation in uT1.8.1/BT6.1.1.

[edit]just tested 1.9 with UDP connections blocked. 900KB/s down (limited) and 130KB/s up. Seems it fixes a bug in 1.8.1 as well, where uTorrent had difficulty connecting and uploading to certain peers[/edit]

Can you run the same ping tests described earlier? http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=379324#p379324

Also, are you running anything else on your network? P2P apps? Skype (it may be a non-obvious 'super-node')? That blocking UDP connections improved your 1.8.1 speed as well indicates that some other application may be consuming bandwidth. That would also explain 1.9's uTP implementation correctly backing off instead of causing congestion.

- Fix: New Download message from RSS feed

Thanks. Works great. It will be nice if you complement this with download completion messages as well.

Any other changes planed in 1.9 to RSS from this list ? http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=352646#p352646

Since I have 2 ISP connections now, with one - capping me and one not... I think I'll try to test tonight if uTP effects the capping. Should it ?

edit:

I'm just curious - why is the uTP "flag" in the peers' list not a "real" flag in the flags' column ? if it should be analyzed, or counted, maybe a separate column will serve best (as I would like to have for the countrys'-flags...)

I actually want to confirm an issue an original poster made and that is that the uTP protocol seems to be introducing some lag issues. And in my case it has been severe on the order of constant 3s+ ping times on a normally ~50ms cable connection. It's a 768/128 connection but not only is uT throttled back properly, but I have a smoothwall box set up with the QoS system properly modified to keep torrent connections at bay even if I have uT set with throttles past what the connection can handle. 1.8.1 has been flawless up to now. And even 1.9 is fine as long as I have it set to TCP only. When uTP only or uTP+TCP are used, the high ping times return. And according to the smoothwall box, I'm not even maxing the connection when this happens.

Build 13582 crashed (2 times, within minutes of each other). Not sure what caused it.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=44d32f7d593b6626d2db6fb9a8902bda

Update: The crash keeps happening. I have to switch back to 1.8.1/

This has something to do with a web seed URL on one of your torrents. Can you determine which one it is, and possibly send it to me?

While using any of the logging builds logs will not appear for me. I am running windows vista ultimate sp1 on an administrative account with UAC enabled. I have tried as both normal running and administrative with no difference.

Side note, using build 13582 on a 3mbps down/768kbps up line has me uploading randomly in the mid 150s.

Hmm, I have a hunch a bluescreen I just got may be linked to Utorrent.

It was a "IRQL_NOT_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL" bluescreen, but the driver causing it was tcpip6.sys, and utorrent is currently the only thing I know of(unless Microsofts IPV6 driver just sucks and crashed on its own) that is even ipv6 capable on my computer. Tell me if there is anything I can get you, I'm not sure how to proceed.

Archived