µTorrent 1.9 alpha 15380

Firon

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, post it here.

Latest alpha 1.9 15380 crashes repeatedly on XP SP3.

Had XP SP2 installed from the beginning and didn't encounter any crash of uTorrent ever.

Couple days ago (well, already couple weeks ago) I installed SP3 and since then always have crashes of uTorrent at startup (it has shortcut from Startup menu). Cannot be relaunched immediately - need to wait while system is completely up and only then choose "Just relaunch" and it works. Not a big deal, I don't reboot for months. But more annoying thing is that sometimes (~50%) it crashes when picks torrent from Firefox. And crashes the process that is supposed to pass data to already running process. It means that uTorrent remains alive, but new torrent not added for download.

I thought maybe UPX eventually has messed up... Downloaded uncompressed exe... The result is same.

pack of crash dumps http://www.mediafire.com/?hblz11w0zzd

Abit confused here:

asus03.th.jpg

1. What's the matter with downloading speed of nearly 20kb\s, torrent is finished and checked, previous versions didn't show it or didn't download something? I wonder if this goes into download\upload statistic?!

PS: Underlined is downloading, in the box is uploading speed

@SamePaul: Please do both of the following:

a) get HijackThis from trendsecure.com, run it, view the log, and post the contents here

B) get Process Explorer from sysinternals.com, run it, Ctrl+D (to show the lower DLL pane), select the µTorrent process from the list, Ctrl+S (and save the list somewhere you'll find easily -- like the Desktop), then post the contents of the saved process list in the .txt file here

ctagent.dll ctagent Creative Technology Ltd 1.00.0000.0012 C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctagent.dll (Unable to verify) Creative Technology Ltd

ffdshow.ax DirectShow and VFW video and audio decoding/encoding/processing filter 1.00.0005.2870 C:\Apps\Media\Codecs\ffdshow\ffdshow.ax

HardlinkShellExt.dll Link Shell Extension 3.01.0001.0000 C:\Program Files\LinkShellExtension\HardlinkShellExt.dll

l3codeca.acm MPEG Layer-3 Audio Codec for MSACM Fraunhofer Institut Integrierte Schaltungen IIS 1.09.0000.0305 C:\WINDOWS\system32\l3codeca.acm (Verified) Microsoft Windows Component Publisher

LvHook.dll LvHook BIT Software, Inc. 5.00.0000.0005 C:\Apps\Misc\Dict\Lingvo.5\LvHook.dll (Unable to verify) BIT Software, Inc.

mmfinfo.dll C:\Apps\Media\Codecs\matroska\mmfinfo.dll

mkzlib.dll C:\Apps\Media\Codecs\matroska\mkzlib.dll

mkx.dll C:\Apps\Media\Codecs\matroska\mkx.dll

mkunicode.dll C:\Apps\Media\Codecs\matroska\mkunicode.dll

There appears to be a ton of things hooked to µTorrent that have no business hooking themselves to µTorrent. I'm not sure what to do about them. The most suspicious-looking (read: unfamiliar) file would be that LvHook.dll. Seems to belong to ABBYY Lingvo, and again, has no business hooking into µTorrent.

Can you try uninstalling Lingvo to see if the problem persists?

Well I would agree on the subject of "tons", but it is because lots of things were opened when I took the snapshot. Although all this stuff exists in my comp for years and didn't cause any troubles, I don't want to argue and just did a bit simpler thing. Since none of this stuff (but Creative dll) loaded at startup I restarted my computer and when encountered uTorrent "crashed" message I ran Process Explorer and saved snapshot.

here it is

ps: ABBY Lingvo is a dictionary.

upd:

Ok... I did small research by disabling everything non-Microsoft that runs at startup (it was not so hard since it includes only volume control and firewall) and the winner was firewall :( When firewall is completely disabled no crash occur. Though there is no internet connection as well (i suspect firewall filters are registered somewhere within network protocols).

So I guess something is messed up in mixture of SP3+Jetico+uTorrent...

• 2 weeks later...

I have a request. Why 'Start μTorrent on system startup' writes itself in HKLM instead of HKCU? It requires administrator's rights and very inconvenient if I use portable version (autostart + 2+ users running at the same time = download mayhem).

Also, using UAC, if something goes wrong (2 users running program with the same settings in parallel or just μTorrent crash while download in progress), it won't start normally unless you run it with the admin rights, complaining something about inability to update config files (i.e. resume.dat).

in my previous post i wrote this

I have an pentium 4 3.6 ghz 1 gb ram 200gb hard disk and asus hd3650 and on my pc i have installed utorrent 1.6.1,1.8.1, and 1.9 beta when i install beta this utorrent slow very my pc at 70% of cpu and its impossible work how i can fix it ?

The options for letting other torrents start if the speeds on a running torrent are too slow are supposed to have the next queued torrent start, right? I saw it start a torrent queued one above the running one. Had two downloading, #2 was slow, #4 was started. It switched to #3 about a minute in (or longer depending on when it first actually began).

Hi;

Just curious about the "full" "bt.transp_disposition" field (bin value):

if 255 (dec) = both TCP and uTP, incoming + outgoing (future-proof setting, always will mean this)

->this means 8 bits, 4 already well known (Incoming/Outgoing/TCP/uTP).

What about the other 4? What they are for (even if not yet implemented)?

Can we "play" with?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived