µTorrent 1.9 alpha 15380

Firon

I just noticed that on tabs like the peers, trackers, files - right-click BELLOW the items' list - still pops up with the menu, unlike the behavior in the main view (no menu pops up unless you are selecting/ON an item). Shouldn't it behave the same ?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey the utorrent 1.9 13911 is better from connection showing screens at 3 post before this...

Here utorrent 1.9 is very low connection, my upload speed is 32KB/s and upload at i start the utorrent is 20KB/s and after 3~5minutes, my upload rate is down to 1~4KB/s...

Finally, what system utorrent 1.9 13911 using to control upload speed? Is a ping in my isp gateway? Ping on peers? I using string "10" uTP only...

Thanks for support...

If I set bt.transp_disposition to 255 (default), then uTorrent practically locks up (99% CPU usage on the core it runs on).

I went to close it out in the task manager, luckily I had my TCP/IP tab open, and saw that uTorrent was sending and receiving at 2MB/s - which is the wireless transfer limit on my router (as my upload limit is 120kb/s).

Why is uTorrent seemingly sending data somewhere on my network, and why is it causing uTorrent to hang on launch?

If I set bt.transp_disposition to 255 (default), then uTorrent practically locks up (99% CPU usage on the core it runs on).

I went to close it out in the task manager, luckily I had my TCP/IP tab open, and saw that uTorrent was sending and receiving at 2MB/s - which is the wireless transfer limit on my router (as my upload limit is 120kb/s).

Why is uTorrent seemingly sending data somewhere on my network, and why is it causing uTorrent to hang on launch?

This is probably due to a bug that was fixed for the next version. It happens on routers that use the LAN source address when they hairpin packets.

No go. Still maxing out CPU and maxing out router wireless output.

Tried disabling everything but DHT, in pref's, and individual torrent settings (all of them).

:(

Can you capture a wireshark log while it's happening?

Also, next time it happens, please crash uT like so:

In Vista, use Task Manager, right click on the process.

In XP:

ntsd.exe -p 4100 -e 4100 -c ".dump /mf c:\jit.dmp;q"

where 4100 is the PID, and c:\jit.dmp is the resulting dump.

"added on" time for RSS downloads does not show the local time (that the torrent was started) but the time it was originally added to the RSS feed. I think it should have been like a regular torrent - show the time you added it as a DL tasks. Wasn't it like that on previous releases ?

No good is that. 2009-01-122148.jpg

I used Jing. There is a link at end of each movie. Click on it.

Now look at that. Is good or? 2009-01-122205.jpg

Now check this out? some wired download is going on in Netlimiter and ping is jumpy. 2009-01-122208.jpg

So bad ping is cause by uTP. I think this should reduce it not increase. Doomsday scenario is that uTP will be an online gaming and VOIP/TV killer.

Hello to all.

I am a very new member of this forum but a not so new user of uTorrent.

I have a problem now that is regarding traffic shapping from my operator. Someone said that this version of uTorrent can handle and resolve the problem but I didn't confirm that untill now.

Can you please help me with this problem? Is there a way out from this stupid thing?

Thank you

Best Regards,

BN

@moogly: Yep! I use this feature to calc overhead...

but this not a very problem on 1.9 version... my real problem is a very low speed on download and upload on uTP activated or TCP, or allways activated.... i do not understand what the new internal system the utorrent... but a think is a control ping in my gateway... and my ISP

hide the route and do not accept the ping or traceroute to identify my gateway and routing on routers inside ISP... beggining i show my traceroute result, and is a possible problem in this utorrent version but not control my speed correctly...

routena3.jpg

Note in my traceroute

1st hop is a my gateway internal in my house, (SPEEDTOUCH)

2nd hop is a a gateway on ISP, hided by company...

3rd hop is a route on my ISP, but don't respond normally.. all time fails...

4th hop to more is a normal tracert...

My question, utorrent use this informations to control speed? Or not?

Thanks Very Much Developers... And GoGoGo! to new version... I waiting new Builds :D

Sawyer22's videos made me wonder about the net.calc_overhead option. I thought that with net.calc_overhead on, µTorrent would show the actual bandwidth that it's using. So then, why does NetLimiter show lower speeds than µTorrent with net.calc_overhead turned on? Doesn't NetLimiter show all throughput including overhead? ...or am I misunderstanding how this whole overhead thing works. I mean say u have a certain connection e.g. 100/100mbits....is that 100/100mbits + overhead OR 100/100mbits including overhead? If it's the latter, then why doesn't a program like NetLimiter show all the bandwidth that you are actually using including that overhead?

Sorry if this is a bit off topic, but this is a relatively new feature that hopefully someone can clarify a little more.

As I remember, with calc_overhead = true, uT is showing the actual-net data traffic rate. The limits you set - do include the overhead. Any external tool that you use to measure the traffic, will show the total traffic, that equals to those limits you've set, and NOT to the actual rate uT displays.

edit:

As far as I can see - in this version the actual (external) rate measurement exceeds the limit we set in uT (at least for upload) . This should be investigated.

( Measured with - http://www.softpedia.com/get/Network-Tools/Bandwidth-Tools/NetMeter.shtml )

net.calc_overhead, by its very name tries to calculate overheat. It cannot know for sure if the real-world results match its calculation, so it errs on the side of caution. So I would EXPECT NetLimiter to say uTorrent is actually using LESS bandwidth than uTorrent shows due to net.calc_overhead.

EDIT: if the upload amount actually used exceeds the upload limit in uTorrent...that may be due to the limit NOT applying to uTorrent's DHT, LPD, UPnP, NAT-PMP, Resolve IPs, or even connecting/disconnecting traffic.

I dont even know if netlimiter shows overhead or not. The thing that I'm wondering about is that nelimiter shows way more download with uTP then it does with TCP only. I understood that uTP will help us not reduce our speeds. Then the ping times. I'm getting worse pingtimes with uTP. Shouldnt it be the other way around also?

Archived