µTorrent 1.9 alpha 15380

Firon

Well, from the first glance, it doesn't seem to work OK. As soon as I start downloading something, upload performance drops like brick in a vacuum. With 1.8.1 I can upload 145KB/s and download 700KB/s, 1.9 falls to 40KB/s at a 200KB/s download Using mostl uTP connections to uT and BT). Looking at the internal graph, the upload mirrors the download. But I can't tell whether this is 1.9 or the uTP-implmentation in uT1.8.1/BT6.1.1.

[edit]just tested 1.9 with UDP connections blocked. 900KB/s down (limited) and 130KB/s up. Seems it fixes a bug in 1.8.1 as well, where uTorrent had difficulty connecting and uploading to certain peers[/edit]

Please try 13520, which should generate "socket.log" and "utp.log". You don't need to run it for more than a minute or so once the transfer rates stabalize. Generate a pair of logs with uTP on, move them out of the way, and generate a second pair with uTP off.

http://download.utorrent.com/beta/utorrent-1.9-alpha-13520.upx.exe

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vista, non-superuser. Not a problem ;) It just means you can't make the firewall rule so uT can't do it manually. If you NEED a rule and are using Windows Firewall, do so. Next time, searching on the error i.e. "Windows Firewall" 0x________ would be better. If it's the first time seeing it's understandable to want to post in this thread, but it would better suited for the Troubleshooting forum :D

Upload speed is VERY slow for me with 1.9 alpha 13485/13550 under Vista Ultimate SP1 32-bit, less than half of the 1MB/s I reliably achieve with 1.8.1, plus 13550 consumes almost all CPU speed which appears to make it freeze as reported earlier. No improvement for me turning off uTP and/or disabling cFosSpeed with 1.9. 13550 logs are here: http://rapidshare.de/files/41007944/uT19_logs.ZIP

The logs are parked out on the desktop every time the client's started. Strangely enough while there's no crashes to speak of during normal operation, it'll only do so if I fiddle to look at either logs during or when the client's running. If I don't do that, it's just fine. A very good experiment I see, with this uTP implementation. I'm seeing way improved DL peaks over the prev 1.8.1 full release as I've been mainly falling back on Halite. The latter's still here though for consistency reasons. About them logs, is it really necessary for everything to get recorded up to 88MB worth of lines? Coz that's the average size I'm seeing with that utp.log?

Dl'ed the alpha build a few hours back before I had to get back to work so I didn't manage to get anything done. No install, no nothing. Just got back 3 hours ago but I only got around to this, roughly the 70th minute just me fiddling with some options really. Some interesting notes however since I'm testing this with a relatively old torrent, half on the peers' list are uTP enabled but this BT6.1.1 guy passes off the fastest. I'm killing this 1 now, need to do what you guys suggested proper this time and gonna regenerate separate uTP on/off logs now.

Please try 13520, which should generate "socket.log" and "utp.log". You don't need to run it for more than a minute or so once the transfer rates stabalize. Generate a pair of logs with uTP on, move them out of the way, and generate a second pair with uTP off.

13520 stalls (CPU goes through the roof) with UDP.

Secondly, I'n not to sure if it is smart to allow uTP with 1.8.1 by default. I doubt any 1.8.1 user knows uTP will be used if possible and UDP can cause havoc on crappy routers and modems (which there are a lot of) resulting on poor internet performance and no telephone if the providers offers VOIP.

Yayy! First time I got Utorrent crash on my computer

I'm using 1.9 build13485

1. Download torrent

2. Look at popup window what gives options like download location , filename , skip hash check

3. click on advanced button on left corner

4. Finally you get crash :P ( on every torrent =D )

Crash dumps!

http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=lgwbdxnxo30&thumb=5

http://www.mediafire.com/?nmo9nnkgxh3

http://www.mediafire.com/?xlydoowzddb

Will anyone fix this?

Good to see start of next generation utorrent. Now i am going to ask for 1 feature that has been asked before.

As you know now days torrents might contain 100's of folder (like font packs) and if you want to download a specific folder or a file, you have to scroll threw all of the files in the files tab. That is really hard for me because its time consuming. Now a solution to that would be drop down approach to folders, so each folder has a little expand arrow on the left side, so we can browse easily within utorrent. Its similar to the add torrent dialog box, only for the files tab.

It seems that my other post was unnoticed- has anyone else had the problem with the queued seed thing?

For example when you start utorrent up half would be green and the rest will be grey and it will take about 2-4 minutes until the torrents turn green again...

Archived