µTorrent 1.9 alpha 15380

Firon

Just an update, now using alpha 14981.

I've had to disable the udp protocol from xp firewall setup. It just wasn't doing things right although it was with the 14908 alpha. With the 14981 alpha everything became a standstill all torrents had no down or uploading. Changing the protocol back to TCP and everything is fine again near all torrents are actively download and uploading.

I read the wiki blurb about uTP its saying, its like a udp connection using tcp, is that right ?

Is uTorrent ever to be able to allow udp as a connection. ?

This is so i can juggle different apps, using combination of protocols, less load for all.

The speed limiter is working for me in this alpha 14981 previous 14908 it was broken.

HAven't yet used the Teredo install thing, will now go and read up what its about..... Ok it would be using tcp and udp. Why not just use one, say udp only for the IPv6 and IPv4, in the application you use teredo with.

At the moment i have a working client that is now using tcp. I may change it back to another alpha or beta to use with udp, with working speed limiter. Needing the speed limiter so can use other net apps.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone venture a clue as to why I can't seem to connect to any uTP clients in my Windows XP version of 14981?

The only setting that seems to be affecting anything is bt.transp_disposition. When I set it to 10, I can't send or receive data. When I set it to 15, it works fine, but will probably get throttled during the daytime hours. On my Vista machine, I can set it to 10 and it works without a hitch. Why would my XP machine not send or receive data when I set it to 10?

Windows firewall is off

The router forwards both tcp and udp traffic on this port to this machine

Funny thing is earlier today, uTorrent was transmitting and receiving fine, but when I loaded up the machine as a virtual machine in my existing environment instead of directly booting into this machine, the traffic stopped working once again.

I'm currently having a problem with utorrent... the thing is that i just got a new computer and the OS is vista... when i start a torrent it seems to startbut shut off after about 5 to 10 seconds and it says "Error: Access is denied" under the "Status" column. the torrent goes up to .1%- .6%, but then stops... i've tried different torrents, but all do the same, i've turned off my firewall, yet nothing seems to work....even reinstalled utorrent a couple of times. is there something else i'm missing?

I posted previously that upload limit was fixed... Well, I was wrong.

Upload speed limiting doesn't work as expected. Actual limitation is 10-15kb/s higher.

My physical limit is 64K, so I have to set uTorrent limit to 30 in order to get 40-45.

Example for 8 uploading-only torrents in parallel with 4 downloading (so 12 active).

Queue is 50 active torrents (4 download)

Global maximum connections: 512

Connected peers per torrent: 200

Number of upload slots per torrent: 5

I have problems starting from alpha 14470, which is the last build that works like a Swiss clock (in terms of limiters). And it's not only "reported values" of uTorrent. My firewall has it's own speed meter and it confirms that uTorrent14470 follows own limits much better than all following alphas including 15380.

Is there any plans to fix limiters? Global and per-torrent as well? Please? :)

Turn off UTP?

Hmm... You are right, turning uTP off helped indeed in both cases of upload limiter.

But download speed lowered significantly (from 195k -> 70k). I guess it's because lots of clients use uTP and ignoring uTP traffic leads to insufficient utilization of available sources...

When I turned uTP off (bt.transp_disposition=5) I restarted uTorrent, but after I observed low speed I restored bt.transp_disposition=15 and effect was immediate: upload speed raised from 30 to 40 and download jumped twice!

In the latest build, either you didn't increment the build number or it simply isn't installing for whatever reason, I guess it's to do with the new installer.

My install location is D:\ and it defaults to this, but it completed it successfully, it properly asks for admin in vista just as it finishes, then launches uT but it's still the old 14xxx build, looking at modified date shows one month ago (the previous build)

Set net.calc_overhead to false. The real upload speed will still be ~40-50 KB/sec when set to 30 KB/sec, but at least you won't have to see it then. :P

If your download speed wasn't so many times higher than your upload this wouldn't be happening.

You have a point there Switeck, but it still seems odd to me. I max 10Mbit down and my upload goes to shit, but I still only see the expected 8-12% overhead, i.e. i add in 12% of 10Mbit to my 5-8 KiBps upload and get the values in bytes sent/interval in the Networking tab of Task Manager. Must re-test with linux ISOs over LAN again :/

Archived