Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Firon

µTorrent 1.9 alpha 15380

A wireshark capture would be helpful.

What type of information am I looking for from Wireshark? Like what should I filter off?

It's strange. Steps to reproduce the freeze of uT 1.8.1:

1/ Set bt.transp_disposition = 1

2/ Start a torrent

3/ Wait until uTP connections are done with 1.8.x peers

3/ Stop the torrent

-> uT is not responding.

I have uploaded some Wireshark data along with a capture of my speeds in both uTorrent and in a Network monitor.

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?h3oi2502izi

Hopefully this is what is needed.

Edit: Also, does bt.transp_disposition have any other options that are not listed, I accidently set it to 2 and although the overhead is there it seems to be faster. Maybe just a coincidence.

moogly:

Ok rafi has been faster than me.

;)

no, just luckier (or un-luckier ?) ... ;)

@alus:

1) anyways - did this help at all ?

2) As many others here noted, I also noticed (and posted) speed differences seen in external measurement utilities and uTorrent. Did your investigation reveal any explanation/fix to this ?

3) I'm not bugging you about the RSS much... :) .. but I'm just curious if enhancements are planned for this release?

Just tried the latest alpha (13582) and it still takes complete control of my internet connection. No browsing, no chatting, nothing gets through until about 5 seconds after I close it. I've already submitted a log for a previous alpha, though I don't know if it's still valid. Any word on this?

Are we there yet are are we...lol

Sorry couldn't help myself...lol

It does work speeds do improve although not hugely (around 100kb/s) but it overloads the internet connection to the point of making things quite slow as others have reported.

btw, alus, how should the new uTP effect the net.calc_overhead calculation ? UDP does not have embedded overhead in the protocol itself, BUT if you have none-dataload-related-complete-UDP-messages shouldn't they also be counted as overhead ?

UDP has some overhead, and we also account for IP overhead. In the next build, that stuff plus the uTP specific headers will be counted in net.calc_overhead.

x_offtopic.gif

Hi,

I cannot find three DNA options in uT Preferencies. Can U write me, where is it? Or is it hidden for the moment?

Placeholder for DNA settings

&Enable DNA-powered downloads

Alert me when DNA-powered downloads are added to uTorrent