Seeded files

Jonny5isalive

Hi, I'm new to all this so please bear with me... In order to keep my share ratio up I am required to wait until the download has fully seeded, i.e. 1:1, is this correct? Am I required to leave downloaded files on my computer for others to be able to link to them? If you understand what I mean. Where do the seeded files go once they are complete? I'm just a bit confused is all. Many thanks in advance.

keep the files on once yourve downloaded them, then your a seeded, 1 compleated file is one seed.Its so other people can download off you,if yourve downloaded 1 gig and someones uploaded 1 gig of your seed(s) then your ratio wll be 1.0, to get 1.1 you need to upload slighty more than you download.And lastly all your downloaded and uploaded file are the same and go in the same place(file dont split into two)

1. You start downloading (from other peers). At this time you're also uploading a bit. But this is not called seeding. You're a peer only.

2. You complete download. At this time, don't change anything (JUST ANYTHING, NAME, PATH ETC) of the downloaded material. You are a seed now and your computer is uploading for others. If you change/stop uploading, you're a leech, a despicable peer.

4. If you downloaded 100MB in first step, you're expected to upload at least around 125MB in this step.

5. And after 4th step, you can now move your downloaded contents (and change them) anywhere and as you like.

Press F1 in the uT window to bring up the user manual. And utilize http://utorrent.com/guides.php to ask some more questions.

As they both said, your files don't change location unless you tell it to. YES of course you need to know where the data is to share it, BUT you also must have the torrent STARTed. So it will say "Seeding" instead of "Stopped" in the status column.

Archived