Dock icon with speed data

avde123

I'd rather not have anything on the menubar, but i miss the dock overlay from transmission. In fact, thats the only thing i miss, lol. Trans is open-source so it shouldnt be too hard to do, but i know absolutely nothing about coding :D

The dock icon itself might need a revision or the overlays will look kinda goofy. I like the square icon the windows version has.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Badges over dock icons, as long as the overlay shows up in Command-Tab similar to transmission, would be very welcomed IMO.

What else are options for the badges/changes to the dock icon? http://trac.transmissionbt.com/ticket/1478 for instance while a useful suggestion was denied due to "information overload". Is there any desire to include more than speed overlay?

I would not like uTorrent to have code from Transmission - it wouldn't be uTorrent anymore.

I'm so happy the uT-Mac-developers moved away from the ludicrous idea of using LibTorrent.

On a funny note: NoOneButMe; you're saying those early-alpha-uT-icons weren't from Transmission ;) hehe

Did you read the thread? Do you understand the concept of "leaks that weren't supposed to happen"? I'm not saying the icons weren't from there. Just that the build wasn't supposed to have been public. It turned a nonissue into an issue. Have you ever used uTorrent on Windows? Or read Apple's HIG?

Did you read the thread? Do you understand the concept of "leaks that weren't supposed to happen"? (...) Have you ever used uTorrent on Windows? Or read Apple's HIG?

Wow wow, easy NoOneButMe!! I do understand that your early development build was unintentionally leaked, I just didn't know that the icons were used temporarily until you had created your own ones. thelittlefire made this clear to me with the link to the thread at Transmission's own forum.

No reason to be DISREPECTFUL or CONDESCENDING, NoOneButMe.

Archived