Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

silentbobie

RSS Downloader & Web UI

Just because it should have a lower priority doesn't mean it needs to get a -1. Either way, it doesn't really matter what the priority is -- whenever the dev gets around to it is when it'll be done, as feature parity with Windows is the goal anyhow.

I'd really like to see in newer versions of uT default update interval time to be set on 1 min or 30 second or at least if I change it to 1 min to see it working properly. Is this going to be a subject of update?

Default update interval to the tracker or to RSS?

To the tracker is NOT going to happen. There is absolutely no need for it unless you want the tracker to crash due to overload.

RSS feeds in windows tie into the feed TTL.

To everyone waiting for the RSS watching feature, I've been using a little app called TED (Torrent Episode Downloader) for a while now and it works like a charm... Its lightweight and it works just fine with uTorrent. I know its not an absolutely ideal solution to have to have two applications to do this kind of thing, but hey... If it gets you through the wait...

Also, I've tried out an app called Miro before now, which seems ok. I still prefer uTorrent, though... Much smaller memory footprint.

Cheers

Oh...

+1 RSS

+1 Web UI

I can't emphasize enough how much utorrent for mac needs RSS support. It's very easy to get behind with your ratio on certain sites when you are not around to grab a torrent as soon as it comes out.

+1 for RSS compatibility

WebUI, please, please, please.

I just cant take Transmission anymore! A steaming pile of pooh that has a fondness for the infamous Slow Death of the Mac.

+1 RSS Downloader

Ever since I started using Mac, RSS downloader has been the main feature I miss the most. I can live with no category, but not this. Thanks.

So we still don't have RSS support and it would be greatly appreciated. It's hard to believe there isn't a decent bittorrent client for Macs that has RSS support. My ratios are shit because of it.