Prompt to save in different location

Koesherbacon

Maybe I'm just stupid and can't figure out how to get the uTorrent OS X client to do this, but no matter what .torrent file I open, it begins to automatically download to the default folder (~/Downloads).

Is there a way to be prompted for another destination folder in the OS X client? If there is not a way to do this in the current version, that is something I definitely would like to see in the next version of the beta!

Thanks!

~Ev

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

not only that, you really need to be able to filter out what files you need to download from a torrent. there is no reason this should not be included.

basically everything the windows version of the app can do, the Mac version should definitely be able to do. no reason at all why that shouldn't be possible.

this feature should be top on the list as I will stick to transmission until this gets added because i like to save stuff in different spots

and I don't want to have to manually move them kinda pointless

But great release I have been waiting for this forever and hope that a update comes soon

you can actually do this, it's just not as comfortable as having a dialog every time you load a .torrent file..

from preferences->download disable "start transfer after opening each torrent file", open up a multi-file torrent, go to the "files" tab in the info panel and set priority to "don't download" for the files you don't want to get, start the transfer...

as for the download location you can still change location from the preferences->download tab before opening a new torrent... it's not really comfortable but right now it's the only way to do it :) btw if a torrent were already downloaded (for example if you're transferring completed downloads from transmission to utorrent), choosing the same location as destination folder automatically re-checks contents and resumes/starts seeding... I guess it's an accettable compromise while waiting for a stable release...

anyway having a dialog window every time you open a torrent would be great anyway, so this is definitely a +1 to the request :)

I'll try to ut it into my own word..

I want to add my old torrent(from Vuze for exmpl) into my new loved app(uTorrent beta) and I want to start it seeding right now!

So I wish to have an option where I can choose the download directory manually for each torrent. Each torrent.

+1 for this feature!

Also thanks soooo much for this. I've been waiting forever! :)

I really appreciate all the time and obvious hard work that went into creating this app. I"m going to stick with Transmission as my primary right now just because of this essential feature mostly but once this is added I am switching right away. Thanks again guys!

I agree - a prompt window when a torrent is opened so you can choose what to download and where to save it would be a lot better than the current way.

Think I'll have to try filipesmg's test to see if it works for me. If it does, then there's no way I'd go back to transmission!

Archived