Prompt to save in different location

Koesherbacon

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So my default download folder is ~/Movies and uT uses this when downloading. Then moves the file to ~/Downloads when finished and seeding? Yes. This feature sucks. Just leave my file where I have directed in the prefs to do so. Simple. I don't need to be asked a second time with a dialog.

• 2 weeks later...

KarntheBetrayer:

There's no option for this.

I've switched from Azureus (Vuze?) to uTorrent the first beta.

This is the one thing i've truly been disappointed about, i'm sure this will become the most popular client for torrents.

Please include this feature ASAP, or at least comment the progress here!

actually this is the only feature holding me back from using utorrent completely,i seed about 100 torrents and at sometimes i download about 10 torrent at one time,i can't just mix the music with the movies with every thing else in just one folder this would be a mess

so i totally agree with this suggestion and i am really waiting for it like mad,because i want my current client it is no cool at all

the staff say it would be done in the next version so anyone have any idea when will this happen i mean a certain time?

thanks for bringing us such a great torrent client utorrent was my best when i was using windows os and i wish to have a version that is the same as the windows version

thanks again for the hard work

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We need (desperately):

1) Prompt for download folder for each torrent; and

2) Pick and choose which files to download from multi-file torrent.

3) The ability to rename torrent files while retaining the ability to seed (a feature of Vuze which makes having a Plex library that is still seeding possible)

Then, and only then will I make the permanent jump to uTorrent. Right now it is useless without it.

How can you organize your downloaded files logically without the ability to save to separate folders and move the data between them.

Archived