Peer Country Flags

oneinfiniteloop

A feature that I would like to see is peer country flags...Its one of those small things that add alot to an application, and I miss it from the Windows version....

A UI issue/request that I have is with the download progress bars. They are....rather bare.....consider just making them like Transmission's progress bars? Or if you something different? But please don't leave them as they are (one solid color)....its a bit too Windows.....

Apart from that (it may just be me)....This is fantastic progress....Thank you very much for porting utorrent to Mac OS X (even though this still is just a beta)

I look forward to what you have in store for us!

• 2 months later...

I have not seen the windows version but, in BitTorrent (mac) I have seen the US flag connected to eg .mx, .br or .nl. Perhaps it only looks at IP-ranges? Correct flags would have been Mexico, Brasil or Holland.

Of course, ISPs may be lying/spoofing/etc but the flag should be connected to country domain first, and then to IP-range if no country domain is available or if it is net/com/org etc. My ISP (idiots) uses com, even though I am in Sweden.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived