Connections that need to be allowed?

RelievedSimpleto

Hello,

I just installed the Beta that just became available, and am running Little Snitch (firewall). First Little Snitch asked if I'd like to allow connections to update.utorrent.com. I understand that because I obviously want auto-update working. However, Little Snitch then informed me about a connection to 41.221.18.181, port 59724. I then googled this IP address to find out more info and it appears to be an "Anti-P2P IP to watch for." I am wondering why this connection is being made, and if it is really an "Anti-P2P IP to watch for."

Edit: Just restarted uTorrent again, and it's randomly asking to connect to another IP which I do not recognize. A google result for this one doesn't bring up any data however. Mind you, this is with no torrents loaded, was just opening uTorrent to check it out. Just wondering what's going on with these seemingly random connections before I switch from Vuze (ugh).

The point is that uTorrent is contacting these suspicious IP addresses upon starup even if no torrents are loaded.

Now, why would it start contacting a bunch of IP addresses (except for the address to the update server) with no torrent files loaded?

Archived