Bug: False "startup disk is almost full" message.

blocker85

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm currently using 0.9.0.2 and noticed this problem with my first torrent. The torrent contains two files and one of which I selected "do not download". After repeatedly pushing start to continue my download it got to 99.5% complete and won't mark itself as complete (I assume that the other .5% is the file I selected to not download).

I then deleted the data utorrent had downloaded and restarted the torrent without selecting the file as a don't download and it finished without any problems.

I just get an error sign in uT, and in Activity it says there is not enough room om disk.. 147GB free HDD..

Gonna try a restart..

**edit**

Well, nothing happened there, but after restart, i chose to download the whole torrent instead of just the Sample I had selected before.. This seems to have resolved the problem.. It's downloading fine now.. Will say so if something goes wrong with this torrent before its been downloaded..

Alright people, I have suffered along side you with this "startup disk is full" error message, and had to keep hitting the start arrow. By browsing the forums, I have come to accept that the problem occurs only when you choose to "not download" specific files. But I dont want to download al of these files, only some, you might be saying to yourself. BUT I HAVE THE SOLUTION. If you right click to torrent, you can select "Force Start" and though I have only used it on two torrents where I selected only certain files, it seems to be a quick fix until the software is updated. Good torrenting!

I'm having the same issue as everyone else in the newest .9.0.2 version as well, i have over 100 GB free but when I choose to only download some files in a torrent, I get disk full errors.

Only reason im posting is to say it looks like running the torrents on force start as jrouvelin suggested is working just fine, i switched the offending torrents to that mode and have not had another problem yet.

Edit: guess i jumped the gun, after a little while it happened again even on force start. :-/

µTorrent v 0.9.0.3, build 13802 - 115GBs free on my startup HD (500GB in size) which is also used for my Torrents. I'm getting the red cross and disk space error in µTorrent with a 13.2GB Torrent.

I did have much less space yesterday and was getting those Finder low on disk space errors, but I moved a bunch of files so I've now all the space I mention above. I thought that would solve the µTorrent errors as well, but nope :-(

UPDATE:

Nope, the Finder warnings have not gone away after all. In fact they're more frequent because after watching iStat menu's disk indicator I can see µTorrent will suddenly fill (or make OSX think it's full) the HD to the point where both the µTorrent and Finder low space warnings are triggered. So why for only a second is µTorrent filling the free space?

This is really annoying as it's made it impossible to download certain torrents due to them stopping ever couple minutes.

Also - I had cause to restart my Mac today and it would not go past the grey Apple screen :-( I restarted, booted with my OSX Install disk, ran Disk Utility, found no problems, restarted again and held my breath. Thankfully my Mac was okay. But this has never happened before and I can't help but think it's related to µTorrent's crazy filling of a hundred GB's of HD free space for only a second. It seems like too much of a co-incidence.

Here is what I see in console:

15/12/08 10:01:24 AM KernelEventAgent[36] tid 00000000 received VQ_LOWDISK event (4)

15/12/08 10:01:24 AM KernelEventAgent[36] tid 00000000 type 'hfs', mounted on '/', from '/dev/disk0s2', low disk

15/12/08 10:01:24 AM KernelEventAgent[36] tid 00000001 display_lowdisk_warning: generating warning for volume 'Tycho'

15/12/08 10:01:24 AM KernelEventAgent[36] tid 00000000 found 1 filesystem(s) with problem(s)

15/12/08 10:01:28 AM KernelEventAgent[36] tid 00000001 display_lowdisk_warning: warning for volume 'Tycho' removed

15/12/08 10:01:29 AM uTorrent[574] **** Posting Msg: BitTorrentError ****

15/12/08 10:01:29 AM uTorrent[574] Notification: BitTorrentError

15/12/08 10:01:56 AM uTorrent[574] Show All Torrents

15/12/08 10:02:03 AM uTorrent[574] Show Active Torrents

I am experiencing similar "Error: no space left on device" issues with a ~21GB torrent package with ~3GB worth of downloads selected at "high" priority, and the rest as "skip" or "do not download". On the torrent destination drive, there is >35GB worth of space for uTorrent to work with...

I've tried forcing the download, tried restarting uTorrent, upgraded to the latest (0.9.0.3) - all this has made absolutely no difference in the client's buggy error-detecting behaviour. Within 10 minutes of the torrent starting, it would stop and report this very error, to my unpleasant surprise.

Previously, I've also had "Error 200" messages shown to me, which weren't as persistent and were sort-of fixable by "force" starting a torrent (after 1-2 attempts of doing the same thing).

Config: iMac 2.4GHz running Mac OS X 10.5.5

Archived