incoming connection

hyphyboi707

I have the exact same problem with my MacBook Pro / Airport config. no firewall, ports forwarded, no other machines in the path, but "connection status unavailable" and a grey indicator is all I get. I am actively trying to UL and DL, but all I get is red arrows. Up until today, I had been using utorrent for windows with crossover for OSX. The Windows version worked without issue. Any suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...

I still have the same issue as well. The dot is still gray and the connection status is "unavailable". And yes, I've tried actually adding a torrent, but it never starts downloading. I've tried this both at home and at school, still no luck. So it looks like a problem with the program, not any network settings (and other torrent programs work fine). Is there some way of getting debugging information?

If it was a generic problem with the program, not your setup, you would be hearing FAR MORE users with it.

What firewall do you use on the computer you have control over?? School ones are not good for troubleshooting on.

There is no equivalent to the Logger tab... have you checked network utility or netstat? You're not trying to run uT/Mac and Transmission on the same port simultaneously are you??

Hi

I have the same problem than vvl. I have mac osx 10.5.5 and im using ethernet. when I first tried utorrent it was working fine, but since 9 of this month, I haven't gotten anything. just the yellow dot on the right corner claming "no incoming connections". dont have any kind of firewall on and the utorrent is the only programm running. I tried different TCP ports but didn't help.

ok, started downloading a torrent from your address (slackware-12.2-iso). Now download speed is like 2 kB/s and right corner shows RED button and it says "not connectable". its still downloadin your file. Can't understand this. I'm trying to download torrents that have 500/100 peers and it's not working...

I feel lucky. I've been using the µtorrent for Mac and haven't had any issues with connecting, UPnP works fantastically, better than when I used to use 1.6.1 on Windows, lol. Perhaps you guys should try manually port forwarding in your router, using a static IP and static port and see if that helps. Also, are you sure the firewall on your Mac is allowing ALL connection for the utorrent.app?

Oh, and what ISP do you guys have? Some block or severely throttle BitTorrent traffic. See this list for more information: http://azureuswiki.com/index.php/Bad_ISPs

I'm using Qwest DSL in Denver, CO USA and have had no issues with throttling or BitTorrent seeding issues :)

I'm having the same problem. It was working perfectly fine last night, i have a mac book pro connected wirelessly to a Bell Speedstream modem/router combo. The torrent i'm trying to download is: http://www.ipodtvnova.com/tracker/download.php?id=1497&name=Chuck.S01.torrent. I tried to download the slackware-12.2-install-d1.torrent and still have a grey dot in the bottom right hand corner.

• 3 months later...

Archived