Slow speeds compared to other clients

daedog

Hey now... in the past I've been using bittorrnado successfully but don't really like the interface. I have been trying utorrent for the last few versions and am trying to decide if I should swtich over. Currently just upgraded to 1.4.

Love the interface and the small footprint but I don't seem to be getting near the same speeds as with bt. I'm on a 9/1 cable connection. On a well seeded torrent with bt I seem to max out at around 1100/145. On the same torrents with uTorrent I don't seem to get past 600/90.

On top of that I've noticed that I am well below those speeds unless I select the torrent and set bandwidth priority to high then also go into the torrent and set all files to high priority. I typicaly only do one torrent at a time so I am not downloading multiples.

I've tried playing with connection settings but have not seen a difference... maybe some change to the advanced settings would help?

Keep up the good work,

daedog

Yep... been using DSLreports speed guides and their other tools for years (am a premium member). I'm pretty sure it is not my connection because when ut is maxed out I can ftp to archive.org or someplace else with spare bandwidth (at the same time) and max out my connection.

daedog

EDIT: Also dont think COX is limiting torrents as bittorrnado maxes out my connection with the same port set up. I'm also on non standard ports.

I am having very slow speeds once in a while (Today it got worse).I am getting a download of 3 kB/s, upload of 2kB/s. I thought it is a ISP problem changed ports and tried almost everything. After a while I realised it may be a problem utorrent, so I compared it with Azureus and it has upload 80kB/s(which is the max I use) and download of 200kB/s. Please help me with us. Azureus slows down my machine so much that I hate it :( but without this problem fixed, I can't use utorrent.

Update: Restarting my machine seemed to restore the normal speed for utorrent which makes me think something is not being released properly even when utorrent is shut down.

Archived