My torrents stop for no reason

brad8989

I'll be downloading a file, switch to a different app, and look back, only to notice my file has completely stopped downloading, complete with red X next to it. It's not sparse either, it's happened probably 15 times with the one file I'm downloading, and it's at 97%. In fact, it literally just happened again. Rather frustrating. Internet connection is fine, 74 peers, 34 seeds.

I also get this, but only when i set priority on some files to don't download. It happens always when i do this, and as for error, it says:

Activity: Error: Unknown error: 200.

I love uTorrent for mac and so far, this is the only problem i have with it - and it really is quite a big one :)

Edit: i just saw that there is a topic for this specific problem :P

• 2 weeks later...

I'm also having this problem, the torrent will be going fine, with enough seeds and all, and then just stop for no reason at all, and I get the red X.

When I restart it, the dl starts almost immediately at the rate it was going before, so I do'nt think it's a connection problem.

Any solutions to this yet? it's really annoying as I will leave utorrent on overnight and wake up to find that the torrent stopped only at 50%.

• 3 weeks later...

I also got this problem, i skipped some files from downloading, and then it stops downloading after some time, and i got the error "Error: No space left on device" - But i got 120GB free space on the device im download to, and the torrent is about 10GB total, i'm only downloading the half of it, i think.

But for a short time OS X popups with the same message too, something like "no space left on device" and at the same time i saw in Finder it said "Zero kb available" for a second, and then it said "120GB avaiable" again.

Im using version 0.9.0.4 build 13906

• 2 years later...
Thats a known issue. If you look, theres a 40+ post thread dealing with it.

Hi, any chance you could post the URL for this thread please? I spent half an hour looking for it but couldn't find it and I'm having the same problem as those above.

Thanks

A

• 2 weeks later...
Thats a known issue. If you look, theres a 40+ post thread dealing with it.

OK, I looked. And looked, then looked some more. Even Google can't find it.

Could you please post a link to that thread or give some search terms that might turn it up? "Unknown Error 200" and "torrents stop" turn up nothing more than this thread.

This happened today to me for the first time. It created files in the folders where the torrents went names like "~uTorrentPartFile_B82D137.dat" If failed several times before it managed to complete the download.

If you can point me to that thread I'll be happy to jump over there.

• 2 months later...

The Topic heading relates to the problem I am currently having. I used Utorrent on my PC for a while now and just switched to a Mac running on OSX Lion. The Utorrent I downloaded off the website is 1.0.3 which I assume is the most recent version. Everytime i download a torrent whether it is off of kat.ph or isohunt, the torrent will open on utorrent to download but immediately has a "stopped" status. Is there a connection problem or anything I can change in settings to resolve this. Any help or input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

The Topic heading relates to the problem I am currently having. I used Utorrent on my PC for a while now and just switched to a Mac running on OSX Lion. The Utorrent I downloaded off the website is 1.0.3 which I assume is the most recent version. Everytime i download a torrent whether it is off of kat.ph or isohunt, the torrent will open on utorrent to download but immediately has a "stopped" status. Is there a connection problem or anything I can change in settings to resolve this. Any help or input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Could you please try the latest beta (v. 1.5.6) ? It works on Lion much better than 1.0.3 :)

• 2 months later...
I also got this problem, i skipped some files from downloading, and then it stops downloading after some time, and i got the error "Error: No space left on device" - But i got 120GB free space on the device im download to, and the torrent is about 10GB total, i'm only downloading the half of it, i think.

I get the same error. I am downloading the file to a seperate partition on the same disk as my OS.

Some system info:

Macbook Pro (Late 2008)

2.4ghz Intel Core 2 Duo

2gb RAM

MAC OS X 10.7 "Lion"

µTorrent Version 1.5.11 (25801)

In addition to above error, µTorrent is reporting that I have downloaded 2.69gb of 8.73gb with 31.6 MB (0 hashfails) wasted, BUT, the General tab and the torrent list display that only 0.3% of the file has been downloaded.

I'm scratching my head completely on this...I did a Force Recheck on the torrent and it doesn't help.

In the error console I see the above mentioned "No space left on device error." going back at least half an hour. Before that, I see this error:

[06:29:25] IO Error:2 line:332 align:-99 pos:-99 count:131072 actual:0

[06:29:25] ReadFile error: ************.dmg:9335840667:1180562:1180562:3

I've got to go to work now but I'll check back this afternoon. Let me know if you need more information.

Thanks

Archived