Problems after turning off computer

Kyaura

I have this weird problem with utorrent. Everytime I turn off my computer or restart it, utorrent gets an error. I can't continue any downloads I've been downloading or seeding and I can't add new torrents.

What happens is it will download for about 2 minutes and then automatically say "Error: Access is denied". I've read about that error and I don't have any Google or MSN Desktop's, antivirus's or anything that would bother with it. I don't have the file open and I'm not trying to view the file.

I forget how I've fixed it before, but after doing something it goes back to being normal, but It always happens again.

Also utorrent never saves my downloads in the place I tell it too, it typically will save them in random places or maybe the folder that I downloaded something from firefox into the most recently.

Augh, please help, thank you.

So for a torrent with this "Access Denied" error you're trying to save to \Windows? Well you obviously can't do that. At least on Vista, as a non-administrator. You're not on Vista are you?

You need to reset your Directories settings, and use the BROWSE "..." button to select the folder. Say OK. Close uTorrent.

You can start > run > %APPDATA%\uTorrent to get at uT's .DAT files for the next step. I would recommend http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=31306 unless you want to right click, advanced, set download location on all loaded torrents. With Ultima's editor you can go to the data path for each torrent (directly under [ROOT]) and change it to the correct one. Save the file and open uT back up.

I am on vista and the dicectories settings are currently at C:\Users\Aurora\Documents\Downloads, not windows. It happens to be windows right now because that's the first folder I opened, it seems almost random. It was my document folder previously, and my home folder before that.

It's quite strange, it's as if I open utorrent and it times me and whatever folder I happen to have open it will choose to save the file in. I guess I will go with my friends advise and just save the torrent automatically when I get it.

I also solved the problem by running utorrent as a administrator, I guess I will just have to run it that way whenever I open it.

Though not everything is fixed I guess it's as fixed as it will get, thank you very much for going through the trouble of helping me!

Archived