Finds Seeds and Peers but wont connect.

Icyb

OK, so, I've been using UTorrent for over a year with no problems. I connected properly to several files yesterday and everything was working fine. However, sometime Friday evening my Utorrent refused to connect to anything.

Everything starts out fine, and it finds the peers and seeds, it just wont connect. I get a Red box with an upside down arrow.

I have scaned this board and have found that this has happened to a few others who have stated the exact same time phrame as me (friday evening). However, they claimed to have downloaded or updated other programs. I haven't done any of this. In fact I haven't updated or downloaded any new program recently at all, other than Utorrent 1.9 Beta.

Edit: Furthermore, I have found that I can properly connect to any torrent file that is located in my finished job folder, but not anything located in my store folder or from any other source.

i have the same problem i'm begining to think it is my internet provider is your's sbc or att?

or is your isp using sbc and att ... i've ripped utorrent out and reloaded, i've pulled norton down.

i've loosened up my foxfire firewall, i've tried mapping the port. i thought it was the router (2w 1000hg) but aftering reading all of these similar posts i suspect my isp

hope its not them

I'm having the exact same problem too! Was able to download the day before yesterday, and yesterday night it stop working all of a sudden. Can find lots of seeds and peers, but none connected.

I've also noticed the "No incoming connections" icon at the status bar. Tried using the "Test if port is forwarded properly" button, but gave "Page Load Error" - Failed to Connect - Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at www.utorrent.com:16000.

Any idea? Any one?

Edit: Don't think it's ISP too. I'm actually from a country in south east asia. Unless the world's ISPs is ganging up to do this, which is very unlikely giving the scale of the exercise...

Edit: Ok guys, found a workaround. I added port 6881 to my port forwarding list and it's starting to download now. I'm also getting "Network OK" instead of "No incoming connections". Unfortunately, the download speed is rather pathetic < 10kB/s for each torrent. Hope this helps for the time being...

Edit again: Sorry, nothing to do with port 6881. I just disabled it and found that the network is still "OK". Guess it's the restarting of the router & modem that did the trick. The issue could be recovering due to whatever reason...

Got the same problem, seems like the trackers work, but I don't get any peer connections, except for those files that I were already seeding, but I don't get many connections on those either. It stalled for a long time, but I can now report that my Azureus client just got a file started, otherwise it seemed to suffer from the same problem.

Edit: Funny, my Azureus client is connected almost solely to other Azureus clients, in ~80 peers only 2 µtorrent, and no BitComet clients.

Edit2: Got some µtorrent leeches after having finished the download, only outgoing connections though.

I'm having the same problem. I turned on the logging in the peer window, and checking the logger I get the following, constantly.

[2008-12-07 06:46:09] 106.55.18.54:21009: Disconnect: Peer error: offline (timed out)

[2008-12-07 06:46:09] 96.180.94.10:23791: Disconnect: Peer error: offline (timed out)

[2008-12-07 06:46:10] 106.124.209.3:19357: Disconnect: Peer error: offline (timed out)

[2008-12-07 06:46:17] 93.37.99.62:6366: Disconnect: Peer error: offline (timed out)

[2008-12-07 06:46:19] 89.80.218.234:24952: Disconnect: Peer error: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

Not the same IPs, of course... but there seems to be a bunch it times out on, and then one actively refused.

It was working fine early yesterday, and then it got done one file on my list and started the next, and started having this problem. It's not the trackers, since this is happening on files from multiple trackers.

Could it be the ISP? Maybe Rogers started totally blocking things? Is anybody else having problems using Rogers?

It doesn't seem to be a single ISP, I'm on Danish TDC. An international conspiracy? I doubt it. A stealth rootkit triggering a logic bomb? Nah, doesn't seem much like it, it's only a semi block. A screwed Windows patch? Could be, but I can't find anything that match the time.

How are your experiences with trying different clients?

It's not a Windows patch, since I don't have automatic updates on and, though I installed an upgrade for .Net last week so I could use the D&D Insider Character Builder beta, I've downloaded a number of things successfully since then and the problem only started yesterday. There was no new installs or anything at the time to explain it, I hadn't even rebooted at the time, it just suddenly stopped working.

And now, an hour after I last checked, it's working again. I turned on Vuze, got a connection and started downloading something and accidentally left uTorrent on in the background. I went to watch something on TV, came back and both programs are actively downloading. I really don't know what happened.

Same here.

Absolutely no problems - port forwarded okay, no changes to speak of, trackers okay, showing potential peers in brackets but not connecting to any of them.

Never had such problems unless there was a portforwarding issue.

I'm in Britain on BT internet, known for traffic shaping but not out and out blocking!

Funny thing is that Peerguardian is showing plenty of blocked peers!

Weird and frustrating, only started to happen in the last 12 hours or so.

Edit: Mine is working now too. Must've been a Utorrent issue?? Would love to know.

Bit annoyed because I can only download through the night and I want to see that 24 Redemption thing. Arrgh! :)

Here's a funny thing: when Utorrent wasn't connecting I received masses of blocked entries in Peerguardian - which struck me as strange considering Utorrent showed I wasn't connected to any peers (0 down speed 0 up speed); now that it is working there's hardly any blocked ip's showing in Peerguardian.

Hmm...

Hey guys,

are everyone back on? cos I STILL cant use notthing else then Vuze and thats only someones that work... ex. cant DL from datebayo

and im also in DK on TDC ISP.....

strange thing is that there wasnt any problems about a few days ago... (1,5week or so)

SJ

Archived