Wanted: Option to load ipfilter.dat from a specified location.

xerox

Hi

I just figured out how to load ipfilter.dat in µTorrent, and it works like a charm.

But I had to copy the file from my eMule folder to the µTorrent folder manually.

Thing is, eMule updates the file automatically, but I still have to copy it manually to the µTorrent folder to keep it updated...

If there was an option to choose the location of ipfilter.dat, I could point it to the eMule folder, and that way it would always load the updated version.

Please note that I have tried various programs that download and update filter lists automatically, and my experience is that they slow down my pc, so I figured this would be a nice and simple way to do it.

Simply: "Choose location of ipfilter.dat" in µTorrent options. :)

(Well, to integrate scheduled update of the filter within µTorrent itself would be an even better option of course...)

does peerguardian 2 slow down yur PC as well? i've seen it take no more than 2MB on memory and never seen it take anything like even 1% cpu usage, pretty good in my oppinion and a lot better than ipfilter.dat, it also works with every p2p app, and actually can block HTTP too (very annoying for me, but can be useful for others), you should give it a try http://phoenixlabs.org

ipfilter gives my utorrent 3MB more in memory and took a time for my programs to start also which made me change to peerguardian but only cauze i had not tried peerguardian before :)

as for ur request, i see little use for this as you would need also to reload utorrent for the ipfilter.dat to be refreshed

Thanks for the reply :)

does peerguardian 2 slow down yur PC as well?

Tried it recently, it didn't slow down my pc, but it seemed to block/restrict some websites, like Windows Update...

Maybe I didn't configure it correctly?

as for ur request, i see little use for this as you would need also to reload utorrent for the ipfilter.dat to be refreshed

Well, I reload µTorrent every day so that would keep it updated enough. Well, it was just a thought.

Thanks for the reply :)
does peerguardian 2 slow down yur PC as well?

Tried it recently, it didn't slow down my pc, but it seemed to block/restrict some websites, like Windows Update...

Maybe I didn't configure it correctly?

As ultima said, there is a button for "Allow HTTP" right when u open peerguardian

I can do that, but it's 1,88 MB zipped.

Send me you email address, and I'll mail it to you.

I have grab one from other topic (you could click at my name at the left and see my mailadresses)

i have place the ipfilter.dat in %appdata%\utorrent but i couldnt see if it really works? How to see that?

Archived