Modem keeps Locking

ybinks

Hi, can anyone help me. Am new to using uTorrent and down loading. Using (uTorrent 1.8.1 build 12639). My modem Linksys AM300 keeps locking up every hour or so. The connection first starts to slow down then the modem locks up and I have to reset it. It is fine when not using uTorrent - no locking up at all. Have set up port forwarding on modem and given my laptop a set IP address - uTorrent seems to working fine - is uploading and downloading ok. Though when I test port forwarding with speed guide it tells me my port is not open? Not sure what is going on there. Firewall on modem is enabled but have tried it enabled and disabled but makes no difference - uTorrent still works fine. Am using Microsoft Firewall and exceptions are set to uTorrent (TCP-In) and uTorrent (UDP-In). Am using a laptop with Vista Home Premium 32-bit operating system with service pack 1. My modem is connected to a Belkin wireless router which is security protected but seems to have no problems. Even when the modem locks I can still access the rest of my network.

I have tested my connection speed as follows: Upload :: 155 Kbps or 0.2 Mbps (19 kB/s).

Have set bandwidth according to speed guide chart as follows: ║ 128 kbit/sec ║ 9│ 3║ 30│ 35║ 1│ 1║

Not sue if have set correctly and am not interpreting chart correctly.

On port listening in uTorrent I have disabled: enable UPnP port mapping, enable NAY-PMP port mapping and randomize port each start. Not sue what else I can do. Any help would be most grateful.

Have looked through all your links and have altered settings that I can find that you have suggested but the modem still locks. Although with having less connections as follows ║ 128 kbit/sec ║ 9│ 3║ 30│ 35║ 1│ 1║ it takes about 2 to 3 hours for the modem to lock up now instead of 1. I leave uTorrent going at night but because the modem locks not much is downloaded and it takes ages to download anything. Also because of this uploads are not as good as could be. I don't want to be just a leecher and give nothing back.

Thanks for your post Switeck - DHT is enabled in uTorrent for both network and new torrents. dht.rate is-1. Not sure where to find LPD. For my wireless NIC IPv6 is enabled and is set to obtain an address automatically, IPv4 set to a fixed IP address. Do I need to fix an address in IPv6 - if so how? Did a bit of research but looks complicated. Not sure about Teredo or uTP. net.max_halfopen set to 8.

Thanks for post Inventor007 - Spoke to my service provider - have to talk to modem manufacturer, will do on my day off. How do I set uTorrent to throttle packet rate?

LPD = Local Peer Discovery, it's right below DHT.

To lower Packets Per Second rate, decrease BOTH net.max_halfopen and bt.connect_speed very low.

Also decrease global and per-torrent connections max.

Inventor007,

You'll HAVE to have DHT, LPD, and Resolve IPs disabled as well, since they make additional connections.

For Teredo/IPv6...

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=360679#p360679

Archived