Is this normal?

Rhialto

I shut down µTorrent then a few minutes later I notice that the DATA LED is blinking on the broadband modem. Curious, I shut down all apps that may be using the internet connection but the LED keeps blinking in a unusual way. I look at running process and nothing wrong. I thought I was infected with something.

I installed Ethereal for sniffing and found out many IP where trying to reach me on port 32459.

I thought that when you shut down µTorrent, traffic would stop completly. Unbeleivable the traffic I was getting!!

Is this normal? Maybe that's a fact I wasn't aware about how the Torrent thing works.

yea, the main problem is DHT. There seems to be some incompatible clients that don't know when or how to wipe out old/non-responding DHT peers. So yea, I've seen BT packets hit my comp up to even a week after using any BT client.

If you got a router, just turn off port forwarding, and the router should "gobble" the un-authorized packets. If you have a real firewall, like Outpost, it should block the packets too; giving a report of "Packet to closed port!"

Archived