No Incoming Connections

M4c7h3kn1f3

Although I have forwarded my port with Airport Utility, the little light on the lower right corner of the window is yellow, signifying that there is no incoming connections. Is that happening to others, is it a µTorrent bug, or did I just port forward incorrectly?

I put the port it says in preferences under the private and public tcp and udp sections, as well as the ip address. Can anyone help?

That's not a router, but uh, it does have router-like capabilities that can cause problems as you've experienced. Motorola SurfBoards block incoming connections sometimes, and there isn't much you can do about it other than to replace the modem (or at the very least, I haven't seen any other solution).

Are you sure there isn't anything else between the SurfBoard and your computer? What's serving the wireless signal?

I've found that, despite my ports being forwarded correctly, after my mac comes back from sleep mode, utorrent thinks there is a problem with the connection. If i reset, my connection is fine, without changing any ports or settings.

Has anyone else noticed that it's happening after sleep, but not after reset?

Archived