incorrect upload reporting?

defpotec

Or it's lost bandwidth somewhere.

Or maybe i'm not quite understanding what was done to 1.8.1

Up until recently i haven't had a problem with my upload speed, throttled or otherwise... (it's easy to tell when my isp throttles BT, my max up is 22 kB/s ...120 otherwise)

anyhow, the bandwidth program i have matched up with utorrent pretty well until 1.8.1

utorrent gives from 26 kB/s to 30 ish, but my bandwidth program says utorrent is using 37 - 60 rangeing more in the 48-50 spots.

is utorrent sending more info to the tracker now and not peers?

upon stopping utorrent everything falls to near zero... 110 bps

ho yeah...

dht is off , as well as peer exchange, and ask tracker for scrape

Change it to default (press RESET)... see what happens.

Why did you change that setting? (If it was to get faster speeds read http://utorrent.com/setup_guide.php If you don't understand why I suggest this, I would suggest you reprimand yourself--a slap on the wrist, and read the setup guide again) It sounds like you have .5Mbit upload, is this correct? Are your Ctrl-G settings xx/512??

not upload is actually 1 Mbit, i can get 120, but not lately, can't remeber if that's when it started to happen.

I did that so i could connect to peers faster, which seemed to work, maybe this is a side effect of that...

(and having lots of torrent open @ same time ..hmmm...)

what is the default again?

and reset, as in reset the machine or just close and restart the program?

Apologies, press reset for the Advanced net.max_halfopen option which you changed. You see * next to 80, pressing reset will change it to 8 the default number.

It is true a higher half open connects to peers faster. But think about that, if it takes 5 seconds currently, and lowering the rate to "normal" takes 10x that, what do you lose? I anticipate what you gain is all that overhead, but I asked you to reset it to be sure first.

Half open @ 8 isn't even necessary for fastest torrenting, there are helpers here who run VERY low numbers (0, 1, or 2) but I just run default.

+Well that made it a little closer, overhead still seems to be around 10-20 kB/s though, seems a little high, i thought it was more around 3-4 kB/s but i am running 49 torrents right now, all though only 4 or 5 are transfering any data(too many seedboxes these days)

maybe my program updates faster than utorrent? or is utorrent more of an average than a snapshot of transfer?

just trying to understand more

dropped it down to 2, over head went down further, only 6-8 off now, spikes every once in a while, but i'm guessing it updating the trackers @ that time.

Archived