µTorrent eats my bandwidth

laryl

I've recently started using µTorrent and I have noticed that when downloading with it, no matter what speed, I can't use my internet at any of my computer in my network, including the one running µTorrent. Can't browse or connect to msn. The speed of the downloads is good though. But if I'm starting another µTorrent somewhere else on the network it seems each of the two clients screws up the other one so that no one gets any bandwidth. I have tried to limit both down- and upstream but it didn't do it. Any clues as how to fix this?

µTorrent 1.4

Win XP SP2

Router: Belkin F5D7231-4 (Port Forwarded)

I am having the same problem as you when i start to download the speed on the computer that i am using and all the rest of the comptuers on my network are slowed way down. I also limit my bandwith and it still doesn't help. I am using a Belkin F5D7230-4 (port Forwarded) and windows XP SP2 and the newest version of µTorrent

it was suggested to me and i tried it and it works.

cfosspeed lets you have utorrent running at max but when u run email or internet explorer,

they get priority over utorrent.

the current version of cfosspeed crashes my pc, but their latest beta version is working fine at this moment.

too bad i only have 29 days to try it out.

it's windowsxp SP2 ?

you should probably patch your tcp.sys using this tool from lvllord, here: http://www.lvllord.de/

I'll tried that and at first I thought it did it, it worked in about a day. But now it's back to normal; I cant surf at the same time as using µTorrent. Could it be that even though I increased the max number of connections to 50 it still exceeds the limit? Should I decrease "Global maximum number of connections" to 50? It's 600 as default.

I have the same problem, although I am not on a (home) network - I have a single PC connected to my cable modem via ethernet.

In the past using Bitcomet i was able to up16KBps and down anywhere up to about 180KB/ps whilst still allowing adequate bandwidth for internet surfing.

Now even with uTorrent held back to 14KB up and 50KB down, my internet connection is dead slow?

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

• 2 months later...

Archived