Refresh Skin Option

Postality

I'm sure the vast majority of people will never use a skin. And since uTorrent's big selling point is low resources, I think adding vanity options would be a bad idea.

Customizing utorrent (i supose changing default toolbar and status icons is not skining) has nothing to do with memory usage at all ... it's all the same what buttons u'll use - default or custom... and exactly changing visual style of the program is one of the things most users would appreciate - every man has different likings about how a program should looks like.

He's right on that point. Lets say the default bmps are X kilobytes compressed, and Y kilobytes when decompressed (in memory). So just replacing it with an external BMP file thats pretty much the same size isnt going to change anything. A few bytes more or less, or different byte values in uTorrent's process memory is really nothing ;]

• 2 months later...

@Pwnage: Heh, lots of stuff... ipfilter.dat was kinda unexpected, especially since ludde and vurlix had stated that they didn't want manual banning. Other stuff, but I can't remember exactly what. RSS, I expected, since I recall *someone* saying it would probably be implemented a long time ago.

Archived