ISP blocking torrents from completing

yitmat

OK, lets start from the beginning.

Exactly what did you use when it passed, and what did you use when it failed?

Did you create a boot disk, and run that disk after a reboot? If so, post the link the exact file that you burned to the disk.

You also say that you ran it when logged in, but I have never used memtest under Windows, so you will need to post the link to whatever you downloaded for that as well.

I don't know what you downloaded from Major Geeks, but if you got errors from the official memtest+86 boot-floppy then you DO have a hardware problem, and it may very well be a bad memory module.

Remove one of your modules and run the test again.

For further advise on how to test your hardware, read the FAQ in the memtest forum.

http://forum.canardpc.com/showthread.php?s=893cfd5b63851268ca685d45875d641b&t=28864

I mean that if you want to check and see if one of your memory modules are bad then you will need to take one out and then run memtest again to see if that solved the problem.

Troubleshooting failed hardware is a process of trail and error. The memtest FAQ discusses all of this in great detail.

A modulo is a mathematical calculation, so basically, your computer is having problems performing fundamental operations.

Such hardware failures can be caused by an number of sources: the CPU, RAM, electrical problems, a bad motherboard, etc..

If you don't feel that you have the ability to troubleshoot the problem yourself, I would suggest taking it to someone and getting it fixed. You won't be able to trust that computer with any kind of data until you get your hardware in working order.

It's probably chewing your OS's files all to hell as well.

http://www.lenovoservicetraining.com/firstlooks/rtd06l00sl/PC_Doctor_Simulation/pcdrwinpe/help/en/PCDrHelp/PCDrMemory.htm

Modulo20 Test: The Modulo20 Test is a variation of the Pattern Test. The test starts by writing a test pattern to every 20th address location in the memory space and writes the compliment of that pattern to all other locations. For example, if the pattern is 0000 0000H, the test will write 00000000H to addresses 00000000H, 00000014H, 00000028H, 0000003CH and so on. For all other address locations (00000001H, 00000002H, 00000003H and so on) the test will write FFFFFFFFH. Once the test finishes writing to all available memory locations, it reads the data from the tested memory locations to verify the written and read data match. If PC-Doctor detects any mismatch in data, the Modulo20 Test logs as Failed.

At least one of your memory modules seems to (potentially) be b0rked. Run MemTest86+ overnight on your computer.

• 2 weeks later...

Going back to the beginning, have you looked at a HiJackThis logfile... to ensure nothing external to uT is causing the problem? And checked Process Explorer DLL list of the utorrent.exe process to ensure nothing internal is mucking with RAM (see AV/security/firewall/web protection).

Yeah, I saw the pix, no I'm not convinced.

• 1 month later...

Archived