Ratio bug

Myring

You might try deleting your old preferences and settings by executing the following in terminal app:

rm -rf "$HOME/Library/Application Support/uTorrent"

rm -rf "$HOME/Library/Preferences/com.bittorrent.µTorrent.plist"

rm -rf "$HOME/Library/Preferences/com.bittorrent.uTorrent.plist"

(especially if you used a leaked beta in the past).

My understanding is that a file is set to seed until 150% is reached and then go into "queued seeding". If there is a call for a file that is "queued seeding", then it will turn into a seeding file. My ratios go from 0 to 34.85. If for some reason you don't want to share [seed or queued seed] simply move the file from it's completed folder. You would have to cleanup the torrent in the download window. The program will make the required changes automatically. What will happen to your download speed if you are not sharing? .. it'll drop.

I noticed that no matter which of the suggestions here I follow, my torrents will never stop seeding. The seeding queue works fine, so I can force only 1 thing to seed at a time if I want, but can not stop that 1 thing from seeding without removing it from the list or moving the data files.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

I'm on a mac and have suffered download speed issues (often) until finding the post below THANK YOU!

from 0.1 to 2M and smiling all the way.

You might try deleting your old preferences and settings by executing the following in terminal app:

rm -rf "$HOME/Library/Application Support/uTorrent"

rm -rf "$HOME/Library/Preferences/com.bittorrent.µTorrent.plist"

rm -rf "$HOME/Library/Preferences/com.bittorrent.uTorrent.plist"

(especially if you used a leaked beta in the past).

Archived