Sorry a newbie question...

Fazeman9

I downloaded utorrent and i followed the guide on how to get the proper upload speed. I didn't do anything else like port forwarding. I tried downloading some large files from the pirate bay and they are about 4GB. How long should this normally take? It has been about 2 days and its not even at 50%. I downloaded the test torrent slackware and after about 2 min downloading i got about 280kb/s. The torrents from the pirate bay average about 30kb/s. Is this normal? Do i need to do something with port forwarding? and please respond in newbie language cause i'm not too familiar with this stuff.

How are your upload speeds? Port Forwarding isn't necessary if the swarm is large, but is preferred when you've got smaller ones, because you're relying on connecting inbound to OTHERS instead of being connectable which lowers your % chance of success both initially and over time (due to network fluctuations). To find out how long.. there is an ETA column in the main view, or use a calculator.. take total size, divide by current/avg speed (use Speed tab if you want).

Archived