Green tick in client but port blocked when checked with the port check

hellohello123123

Hey there.

The icon at the bottom of utorrent shows a green tick, yet when i check with the port checker for port 55000, it says the port is blocked.

Thing is, I'm not even using a router, as my computer is directly connected to a cable modem.

This only happened after I reinstalled my OS yesterday, and I haven't found a workaround for it yet.

Before this, I could hit speeds up to 400kB/s (on a starhub connection), but i'm barely hitting 50 now.

Any solutions to diagnose/solve the problem?

2nd link in my signature.

You MUST use conservative settings or it'll only get worse. :(

Your ISP is among the MOST HOSTILE anti-BitTorrent ISPs on the planet.

You will likely need to try 'extreme' hiding tricks to get better speeds:

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=361747#p361747

(Note: My post immediately following that one explains what settings in uTorrent are similar to the Azureus ones.)

Oh by the way, I'd like to mention that while my connection to the Internet was removed because I was causing lag on his DOTA games because of torrenting, I went to leech another wireless connection that had Starhub as the ISP (for a while only). I had the same problem (Port does not appear to be open). But the weird thing is that I had incoming connections but the speed was pretty low (~2.5kB/s). To be more precise, it was from a peer with a French ISP. However, if I downloaded from a peer which uses a Japanese ISP the speed shot up to 50kB/s. Pretty weird huh? I really don't mind if my ISP (not Starhub) shapes traffic, but not to extremes like 2.5kB/s only! 1 700MB torrent would take 3 days non-stop downloading. I just hope my ISP does not send me letters or something. It's scary.

Archived