download fine... but can't upload.

wl69

i really dont understand why i can download fine but cant upload a single thing. im using utorrent after just switching from azureus in hopes of being able to upload, however i cant upload in either clients. in utorrent, it tells me "network ok" so im still puzzled.

is it possible this problem is due to my inability to have my port checked at http://www.utorrent.com/testport.php? .... it tells me "Your browser is setup to connect through a proxy. This script will not work through proxied connections."

i then read the utorrent FAQ and tried entering my WAN IP address in the "ip/hostname to report to tracker" field, to no avail.

im also getting spurts when i upload at 5.0kB/s... then slowly drop back to 0.0kB/s within 5 seconds. however, these spurts only come once every 10 minutes?

please please please help me. ive been having this problem for over 3 weeks and i just cant seem to solve it even after changing clients.

im superseeding because i uploaded the file. i should do that, correct?

i think the main problem is that my uploads go fine for a minute then go completely dead at 0.0kb/s. a spurt may occcur again after 5 minutes wher i dl at 5.0kb/s average. whats wrong??? this is really killing me. my uploads are practically 0.0kB/s all day long.

I have the same issue, and it's driving me crazy. I neither know where is the problem nor how to solve it.

I'm also behind a transparent proxy installed by my Internet provider, perhaps this is the cause. I also set my real IP on uTorrent's options but has no effect. There are times when I'm uploading at 15-20Kb/s but most of the time my upload is 0.0!

But it only happens on certain trackers, there are others where I have no problem.

I followed the instructions on the FAQ and the post-it from this forum, but without any change.

I don't think switching to 1.3 version would be the solution, because I had exactly the same problem with Azureus, but I'll give it a chance.

Anyone can help?

i somewhat have the same problem. i can't seem to upload more than 800kb/s to a single peer whereas bitcomet can easily go 3mb/s to a single peer with enough bandwith.

i've just read that the next version (or the current beta) will fix the problem for faster speeds for large bandwith users. since i'm not allowed to use betas on private trackers i'll have to wait anxiously for the next version. props to ludde for the development!

Yes, I've set peer.lazy_bitfield=true and also I've reduced total connections and disabled DHT.

But as I said, I mainly use 2 different trackers, and this only happens on one of them, that which listens to port 80 (catched by the transparent proxy), the other listens to port 6969 (not catched).

Can the transparent proxy be annoying? Although I set my real IP on uTorrent, maybe the tracker isn't paying attention to this data.

Archived