µTorrent Translation System beta [translators look here]

MaV

Note: Please don't translate everything using this tool now. It's online for testing purposes only for now!

its always good to read.

wondering if this already should find all translations from uploaded files or just couple lines from it.

since it is missing many lines atm from uploaded file.

why allow only utf-8 on there? most translations mayby ansi.

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The translators should try to work together, If someone already translated something, don't overwrite his work. Unless his translation is crappy :).

wondering if this already should find all translations from uploaded files or just couple lines from it.

since it is missing many lines atm from uploaded file.

Could You send me file You are using ?

Ok I just uploaded the translated file for build 405, it works fine with utorrent, but in the web application gives me 3 untranslated fields wich they don't have the English string.

Some kind of bug maybe, see screenshot:

strings2lk.th.jpg

After uploading the working utorrent.exe.lang.txt for version 1.4 build 405,

I choosed to download the utorrent.exe.lang.txt for the same version.

The downloaded file doesn't work well, when I tried to load it I got the following error log:

List of unknown strings in the language file:
All files (*.*)|*.*|
(default)|32 kB|64 kB|128 kB|256 kB|512 kB|1024 kB|2048 kB|4096 kB|
All files (*.*)|*.*|
Torrent files|*.torrent|All files (*.*)|*.*|
Torrents (*.torrent)|*.torrent|All files (*.*)|*.*|
All files|*.*|
Total Uploaded: %s\r\nTotal Downloaded: %s\r\nTotal Running Time: %d:%.2d:%.2d\r\nNumber of files added: %d\r\nProgram started: %d times\r\n\r\n# incoming conns since start: %d\r\n# outgoing conns since start: %d\r\nSize of disk queue: %d\r\n# connections: %d\r\n# half-open: %d\r\n
|Avail.|Availability
General|Peers|Pieces|Files|Speed|Logger|
|Peer dl.|Peer download rate
(match always)|(match only once)|12 hours|1 day|2 days|3 days|4 days|1 week|2 weeks|3 weeks|1 month|
Feeds|Favorites|History|Releases|
Mon|Tue|Wed|Thu|Fri|Sat|Sun|
Socks4|Socks5|Http Connect|HTTP|
500 ms|1000 ms|1500 ms|2000 ms|5000 ms|10000 ms|
General|Advanced|
Executable files (*.exe)|*.exe|All files (*.*)|*.*|
&Select [test]
&Close [test]
HTTP Error %d !

List of strings not found in the language file:
All files (*.*)||*.*||
&Select
(default)||32 kB||64 kB||128 kB||256 kB||512 kB||1024 kB||2048 kB||4096 kB||
All files (*.*)||*.*||
Torrent files||*.torrent||All files (*.*)||*.*||
&Close
Smart ep. filter
?
Storage For Torrent Files *
Store .torrent files in:
Move .torrents for finished jobs to:
Limited download rate (kB/s):
&Disable DHT when turning off
Help *
Torrents (*.torrent)||*.torrent||All files (*.*)||*.*||
All files||*.*||
Total Uploaded: %s\r\nTotal Downloaded: %s\r\nTotal Running Time: %d:%.2d:%.2d\r\nNumber of files added: %d\r\nProgram started: %d times\r\n\r\n# incoming conns since start: %d\r\n# outgoing conns since start: %d\r\nSize of disk queue: %d\r\n# connections: %d\r\n# half-open: %d\r\nPiece cache: %s (%d %% effective)\r\n
||Avail.||Availability
General||Peers||Pieces||Files||Speed||Logger||
Rss Reader
||Peer dl.||Peer download rate
(match always)||(match only once)||12 hours||1 day||2 days||3 days||4 days||1 week||2 weeks||3 weeks||1 month||
N/A
Feeds||Favorites||History||Releases||
Mon||Tue||Wed||Thu||Fri||Sat||Sun||
Socks4||Socks5||Http Connect||HTTP||
500 ms||1000 ms||1500 ms||2000 ms||5000 ms||10000 ms||
General||Advanced||
Executable files (*.exe)||*.exe||All files (*.*)||*.*||

All the used files, original, autocreated and log are here

http://rapidshare.de/files/11308265/text_files.7z.html

I hope this info to be usefull.

Thanks again for this nice work. :D

p.s. screenshot corrected.

This must be connected with file that Ludde gave me. Maybe it contains some changes and some strings now are diffrent. I've checked it and it gave You errors on strings that were diffrent in the file Ludde provided to me and in original template file from previous version. This also applies to these empty strings. I'll speak to Ludde about that and we'll see :).

EDIT: Confirmed. I will have proper file later because there are some tweaks needed, and then I'll upload it.

Redleer, You have problems because Your file (finnish2.txt) has a bit messed format - You some strings are divided by three, instead of two line breaks. This confuses the script and thus it's not adding all of your strings :)

Is there any chance to limit the number of translators.... As we already have a good team with Lexus on translating to Russian and just don't see any need in other translators that can freely edit (possibly harm) our translations.

We are trying to do translation really good with accordance with thaughts and sujjestions of other users which we may disscuss in "Rus.translation" thread...

So, please, if it is possible DO NOT activate any new users for Russian [ru] language.... Thank you

I can't, because Ludde's file have string identifiers, and the log file doesn't print them :).

Btw, new quick feature added - now the langfile can be downloaded without logging in. I'll add some link that can be copy-pasted soon.

There's nothing to be sorry about :).

Anyway, I've just uploaded strings for uTorrent 1.4 build 405. I think they are ready for translation. If someone can import their complete langfile to the system and check this, I'll be grateful.

PS. Before You'll start reporting errors:

- If not all strings are imported from your utorrent.exe.lang.txt file, make sure there are no additional line breaks in this file. The script can't handle them.

- Downloaded lang.txt file from the system won't work with uTorrent now. This is because (1) there are some errors with exporting, working on them right now and [update: fixed now] (2) I think uTorrent doesn't support unicode language files right now, gotta ask Ludde about that.

After some previously done testing I'd say µTorrent supports UTF-8 encoded files with byte order mark only.

Edit: 1) I noticed that µTS has a strange way of determining if a string is translated or not. For example, I uploaded the template for build 405 in which I had left a couple of strings in English. I simply had no time to translate all the new strings. But those strings are considered to be valid translation by µTS.

2) I have also noticed that ABOUT_TEXT is not recognized from the uploaded file.

MySQL error encountered!

Query: SELECT * FROM uts_strings WHERE (`build_from` <= AND `build_to` >= )

Error description: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'AND `build_to` >= )' at line 1

while i was adding translated strings,i have seen this error message and i couldnt add any other translated strings

Webdr: You mean when uploading langfile or when translating 'by hand' ? It seems that You lost id=405 from URL, but I'm not sure how :P

I noticed that µTS has a strange way of determining if a string is translated or not. For example, I uploaded the template for build 405 in which I had left a couple of strings in English. I simply had no time to translate all the new strings. But those strings are considered to be valid translation by µTS.

It simply checks if the translation is an empty string. Do you want it to check also if string is a "?" ?

I have also noticed that ABOUT_TEXT is not recognized from the uploaded file.

Could You send me the file You are using ?

It simply checks if the translation is an empty string. Do you want it to check also if string is a "?" ?

Dunno. I thought about checking if it's the same. Although you might not want to rush with this. After all, there are a few strings that don't need to be translated between different languages.

Could You send me the file You are using ?

Sure, I can. But it's not necessary. The strings (the one in µTS and the one in a working template file) are the same. The problem ought to be elsewhere.

2) I have also noticed that ABOUT_TEXT is not recognized from the uploaded file.

I have the same problem, the previous time I uploaded the file the About_Text worked correctly, now I uploaded the same file and the system didn't inserted the translated string (ABOUT_TEXT)

I entered the translated string manualy and accepted it.

Everythink else worked fine, if I find anything I 'll post here.

Archived