Can't Open Port (but I def forwarded it right)

rondoddge

Alright, so let me start this off by saying I'm not a complete noob. I have some experience with basic home networking. I've unblocked ports for torrents plenty of times.

Utorrent is giving me that red circle of networking doom. I have a typical linksys wireless setup WRT54G router. I have utorrent ports being forwarded for both me and my room mate. His utorrent is working fine. Because I'm using wireless I setup my wireless card with a static IP address of 192.168.1.99. Ipconfig confirms that my static IP is in fact that number.

portjk5.jpg

Windows firewall is disabled, and I have no other firewalls running (that I know of). Look at my list of processes below. I think I potentially must of disabled some sort of networking service when running spyware/virus scans in a MRI safe mode. This is just a theory. I was having "Limited Connectivity" problems immediately after running those scans that was preventing me from going online, but I resolved that problem by running updating my wireless drivers and running Winsockfix.

taskmanagerwh8.jpg

Right now the internet itself works just fine. The only other networking issue I've had, is I haven't been able to see my Xbox 360 on my network as a Sharable Media Device. I'm thinking the two issues might be related. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

xboxei4.jpg

Have you altered the DHCP range? Keep all computers that need port forwarding out of the DHCP range by configuring them manually (default 192.168.1.100-149). When you mouseover the red status icon what message does the tooltip give? Have you disabled UPnP in µTorrent? Also check for a router firmware update (and don't update over wireless).

I set a static IP on my computer for an IP of 192.168.1.99 (which is out of the DHCP range my router issues). Mouse over says "No incoming connections, unless the icon turns green it could indicate a problem with your network configuration." I have disabled UPnP in utorrent. As far as the routers firmware, I've updated it within the last 6 months, but outside of that this was just working for me on the last installation of windows I had a few weeks ago on another windows partition. Plus my room mate isn't have a problem, so I don't think it's the firmware, but I can check after work. Any other ideas?

Archived