Speedport W 721V router, port forwarding problem

tallsnake

Hi!

This router was installed today to my house. Before a modem and a Linksys router worked -after a hard time- perfectly. I had stable forwarded port, everything went smoothly. This new Speedport thing is a modem and router built together and is twice as fast as my previous gadget was. My trouble is first that it is not working wireless (in spite of the aerial mounted on it), so I go with cable. But the main problem is that my uTorrent main page-bottom-sign is stubbornly red. You all know what it means.

Can anybody help me how to forward a port or what port number should be given, or whatever done to get back my stable set? The list that contains a million different routers in the uTorrent help-list doesn't contain this Speedport or any of the kind. Also, is someone could help me how to make it worked wireless, I shall be extremely grateful (mail address: alchemia@freemail.hu).

ts

Hey Tallsnake,

I am having the same problem. I have a "modem" hooked to my linksys router and have port forwarding set up correctly. Here is a helpful link I found on Portforward.com forum: http://forum.portforward.com/YaBB.cgi?board=Knowledge;action=display;num=1139203841.....Basically my "modem" is a router also so I am double Nat'd. It's almost like having 2 firewalls plus a 3rd with my software. So I can either go out and buy a wireless access point or try and convert my linksys router. I hope the link helps, and good luck :)

Hi MnMike,

In the meantime my son solved the problem. No need for "double" or triple router, setting up is extremely simple, almost primitive and works like an angel. I don't know what gadget you are having, if it is the same as ours, I can write here down how to set it up to have it worked alone.

• 2 months later...

Archived