IPv6/Teredo Configuration.

Wa7idminuae

Hello Everyone,

I'm a Vista user asking about if there was any further configuration needed for the IPv6/Teredo. It says in the log that IPv6 is installed. I am having this speed problem and was wondering if there is anything related to Teredo, or does it auto-configures ?

I am behind a router so i have set a static IP to port forward in IPv4 but what about IPv6 ? Vista says it is limited . Does it have to do with the speed issue i am having maybe ?

I hope i can find answers to this matter here, thank you very much .

No I think it's not a pbm if you dont have Teredo. I'm in the same case like you and my UL/DL speeds are really good.

And even if you run uT as an admin (righ click the icon on your desktop), you will not get a Teredo address. Pretty sure of that, you can test it, but pretty sure.

I think it's about Teredo hosts, there are offen offline. I got a Teredo address during 2 weeks and since September, nothing. Maybe the router or stg like that...

Alright man ,, Thank you, you've been helpful. I do still have problems not maxing out OpenOffice test torrents but um, i think that should be posted in the Speed Problems Forum.

I want to ask you, in Vista would there be any difference between running µtorrent normally ( like double-clicking the icon from the desktop ) or running it as admin ? I mean does it mean it affects Speed in any way ?

Only difference would be permissions on files, if the permissions are messed up/wrong on a folder, you wouldn't be able to download to that folder under certain accounts. If you're just going to stay admin, from a µTorrent standpoint that's probably fine. From a security standpoint? >->

Archived