one question

dynamite_0916

Yep, use them both in tandem, between them both you are pretty much ok. In addition to that I use SpywareBlaster, also the NoScript extension in FireFox (you DO use FF right?) :D and I stay really really clean, only finding stuff on rare occasion now. (I scan once a week, I get spyware like once or twice a month, a HUGE drop from my IE/pre anti-spyware days, where I was reinstalling like once a month for not being able to run anything)

yeah i remember those days when win98 fucked up every 3 days :) and spyware everywhere when using IE

i haven't seen anything (lol i haven't performed a scan since half a year maybe) since i'm using firefox...

why do u need that noscript extension?

lool once or twice a month? wtf are u doing? that's wierd man..

also i haven't seen any viruses soon (and i hope not to..:P)

@dAbReAkA:

Im not an browser security expert but a lot of time with IE when there is an issue it always seems to involve javascript. What the NoScript extension does for you is it allows you to fully utilize the usefulness of javascript (some sites wont work without it) without having to live with the inherent security issues it carries with it. With it you control what sites can use javascript on your machine. By controlling that you help control the security on your machine.

I scan once a week because FireFox, good as it is, aint enough all by itself. And the malware writers just dont rest. And the fact that I do find things occasionally (one or two items in a month) should alert you to the thought that you should too, especially if you havent scanned in half a year *shudders*. Im talking about picking up one or two spyware items (not virii/trojans, thats another issue. But for the record I have not been infected since 1999) and there are several surfers on this box. If you are not scanning, im not a betting man but im very sure that unless this is the only site you go to ever then you have something on your box that was put there by someone/thing other than you. That is life on the internet in 2006.

I use Spyware Blaster, Spy Sweeper, SpyBot Search n Destroy, WinPooch,(<--as of yesterday) and Ad Aware. The Tea Timer protection in Spybot Search n Destroy was too good. It got to be annoying....lol. I notice WinPooch is similar. I get a warning when just trying to look at the properties of programs. Having more than one anti-spyware app installed at the same time should be mandatory.

hi morpheus is ad-aware free? and if its free where can i download it? do i really have to download both Spybot and Ad-aware? Im worried because i have only limited RAM (128 MB) and afraid that these two programs affect my system.

LOLOL dammit 1c3d0g, you got other ppl calling me Morpheus LOLOL im gonna have to change my avatar :P Then what will you do :D

Archived