Connection/Speed issues - Router Reboot helps my situation !!!

JimmyJazzCA

I am having some connection/speed issues. When I first fire up Utorrent, things speed along nicely, but after some time, things slow to a crawl. I have noticed if I hard boot my router, things pick right back up and really download quickly.

Hoping someone can help me fix this so I no-longer have to reboot the router to keep things flowing nicely.

# Color of the network status light in µTorrent's status bar (at the bottom of the µTorrent main window)

Green

# What the port checker from the Speed Guide writes

Checking port 50031 on 96.51.11.150...

OK! Port 50031 is open and accepting connections.

You will be able to receive incoming BitTorrent connections.

# What the Speed Guide shows your settings to be (press Ctrl+G in µTorrent)

UPload Limit 2240 UPload slots 30

Connections torrent 125 Connections global 200

Max Active torrents 15 Max Active downloads 15

# What you have net.max_halfopen set to (Preferences > Advanced in µTorrent)

# Operating system installed (Windows XP, 2000, ME, 98, 95, NT? Something else?)

WinXP SP3

# Security software installed (firewall, antivirus, antispyware, antiadware)

ZoneAlarm Pro Security Suite and SuperAntiSpyWare

# Exact router model(s), and exact modem model

Router - Motorola VT2442 w/ port forward set to port 50031

Modem Motorola sb5102

# ISP (Internet Service Provider) being used

Shawcable

# Connection type (DSL, cable, dial-up), and the results obtained from the speed test (when running the Speed Guide), for both download AND upload. Be sure that you aren't using your connection for any other reason besides testing, while testing. That means no downloading, no IMing, no µTorrent running, no browser activity (other than the testing), etc. Additionally, no other computer on your network (if any) should be using the connection. When you select a testing mirror, use the ones that are geographically closest to you.

Cable @ 12.1Mbps down 956 kbps up

Please reply with anymore info you may require to help diagnose

Thanks !!!

Hostile ISP (set outgoing Encryption to Enabled or FORCED)

Bad modem (You'll probably need to disable DHT, LPD, UPnP, NAT-PMP, and Resolve IPs AND lower global and per-torrent max connections to well under 100)

Terrible settings (Your upload max is *NOT* 2240 KiloBYTES/second! It's closer to 100 KiloBYTES/second!)

Choose the 900 kilobit/second upload settings on my Speed Guide chart (the 2nd link of my signature).

Archived