Single files download to the wrong directory

trunkster

Using uTorrent 0.9.0.4 on a intel mac. Whenever I download a torrent that only contains a single file, the file will download to the default location but it will then save the file to where the .torrent was originally located. If the torrent contains a folder with files then the files are saved in the correct default download location. My default download location is on an external USB hard drive.

I tried deleting utorrent and installing it again. I am still having the issue where it will move the file after completion to where the .torrent file was originally. I will try changing different settings to see if I can get it to stop especially if no one else has had this issue.

edit: n/m I cleared all the settings and did a complete reinstallation and single files now download in the correct folder. It appears my settings must have been corrupted somehow, what an odd bug it was.

Uhm. If you used a pre-release version, or want to clear out settings, there is the PLIST in ~/Library/Preferences/com.bittorrent.utorrent.plist which may have old settings...

The other settings are under ~/Library/Application Support/uTorrent/ if you want to delete settings.dat that will remove any settings you have saved.

Archived