Error: Access is Denied message

Bubbles76

I am wondering what causes this message and is there a setting that I have to adjust in order to stop it from coming up?? Please help I'm very new to this program and trying to learn the ropes..I'm not sure what additional info is needed to fix this problem, so if you have questions that can lead to a solution, any help would be greatly appreciated - I'm super frustrated at the moment...Thank you!!

Thank you for your help, I appreciate it - but where do I link in your signature? I'm not super computer savvy. Also, one thing that really has me confused, and I'm sorry I didn't think to write it sooner is that I used utorrent successfully at my friends house yesterday using my laptop and have since come to my parents and am using their wireless and now suddenly I am getting this error message - does this not seem strange? Everything worked fine yesterday, and the only thing that has changed is that I'm using a different IP... Would this influence my ability to use utorrent successfully?

1st:Have you tried Ultima's Troubleshooting Guide?: http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=15992

Inside that link at VERY bottom:

Your list of running processes (get both):

a) get HijackThis from trendsecure.com, run it, view the log, and post the contents here

B) get Process Explorer from sysinternals.com, run it, Ctrl+D (to show the lower DLL pane), select the µTorrent process from the list, Ctrl+S (and save the list somewhere you'll find easily -- like the Desktop), then post the contents of the saved process list in the .txt file here

The Process Explorer DLL pane is the most important...as you've got something deep-linking its DLLs into uTorrent.exe and preventing uTorrent from running correctly. Probably hostile commercial software. :P

Archived