SHUT UP uTORRENT (Disable the drum solo on download completion)

iclkennyg

I have googled all over. I can't find a way to disable the drum solo that plays on completion of downloads. The best I can see was that it was at one time linked to my balloon sound, but I am using the default windows vista sound scheme, and it doesn't include that sound - it actually doesn't have a sound for balloons. What am I doing wrong. I don't like the sound, I want it to go away.

Edit: Using 1.8.1 BTW

This is not what I am getting. I know what you are meaning, but trust me when I say this sound only plays in uT and nowhere else, and if I disable the balloon sounds it still plays. I even enabled the NO SOUND profile in the sounds countrol box - it still plays a sound. I know what sound schemes are and how they work. It's not coming from there. The balloon notification.wav sounds nothing like the drum solo that uT plays.

• 10 months later...

You probably just installed a Vista or 7 gadget that monitors your torrent status in the sidebar. This gadget has an option of enabling a sound to play upon completion of each torrent. It drove me nuts for a half hour until I went into the sound mixer to see exactly what process the sound was coming through.

If you don't have this gadget then you would never know why this is happening; thus, it would be perfectly logical to assume that it was a system sound.

All you have to do is go to the options in your gadget and un-check the box that says "Play sound upon completion" or something like that.

If this doesn't solve the problem, then someone is messing with you and installed a virus-like program on your computer.

Hope this is helpful.

Archived