.torrent folder accidently removed by son..

Panthermica

my torrent folder was deleted by my son and now uTorrent will not continue downloading.

I was 80% complete of 3.86 gig. I do not wish to re-start from scratch. The 80% is still on my HDD but after following some other suggestions...It still will not allow me to RESUME.

I re-started / loaded the .torrent file into uTorrent again but it went back to 0.00 downloaded...my 80% was lost.

**"set download location" in the advanced drop down is not selectable

**"relocate" in the drop down menu in the "FILES" tab is also faded out and non-selectable.

If anyone understands my rant here...could you please offer some help.

Thankyou in anticipation.. :)

Panthermica

A good tip is to create a storage folder of .torrents in %appdata%/utorrent (where they are by default). All your settings (.dat .torrent etc..) are in the same folder and you can back up them regularly.

So reload the .torrent in uT (retrieve it from the tracker/indexer) and choose the good folder where are your uncompleted data when you see the Dialog Box.

Or if you have still reloaded the torrent, stop it, right click on it then Advanced > Set Dwl Location. Restart the torrent.

Because you need to select the folder where are your data, not the folder containing this folder.

If the folder of the torrent is \Folder and the folder where are your torrent is \Download, you need to select the location e.g.

C:\...\Download\Folder

Stop the torrent.

Change the location as previously.

Force a recheck

Restart the torrent.

Archived