DHT: Waiting to log in appears suddenly?

Bahamut

Yes, I've searched for an answer but everyone just mentions that it's probably just not having the port forwarded. Well, the thing is that my ports are forwarded correctly (no NAT error at all) and I WAS getting some DHT connections but all of a sudden the DHT status is either Waiting to log in or 0 peers. So as of now I'm stumped. And once again my settings haven't changed from the time I was getting peers and now.

Btw, for the settings to port forward (and no this wasn't affecting my problem above because I haven't touched it at all) I have the following:

Port 1

Protocol: TCP

Global Port(s): 6880-6889

Base Host Port: 6880

Port 2

Protocol: UDP

Global Port(s): 6880-6889

Base Host Port: 6880

I've had these settings for a while but I was curious as to what I should put for Base Host Port or is that alright? I don't get a NAT error when checking for it on websites.

Thanks in advance!

µTorrent doesn't use port ranges, nor does it use port 6880-6889 by default.

And um, I think there's routing problems somewhere. Apparently, Level3 (and possibly Savvis) are having issues, because a lot of websites are unreachable.

Actually those are my settings when you go to 192.168.1.1. And I did set uTorrent to use port 6881 and not to randomize it each time. Btw, what port DOES uTorrent use (or did you mean the default one)? Also, I ahve no router so that can't be the problem. I only have a dsl modem hooked up directly.

Also, I want to thank you guys for making such a great program! Well, mainly because I probably won't post here much so I just wanted to say it before it's too late? Actually I just found out now that you could change your password so I probably won't mention how much of a bitch it is to log in anymore>_>.

µTorrent uses one incoming port, the one you specify in Network Options. No more than that.

And you REALLY shouldn't use anything in that port range, choose another port (preferrably 49000+)

Some modems have routers, and if you have a local IP, it probably is one of those. :P Sure sounds like it at least.

Anyway, as I was saying, there looks to be some problems with Level3, so not much you can do about it.

µTorrent uses one incoming port, the one you specify in Network Options. No more than that.

And you REALLY shouldn't use anything in that port range, choose another port (preferrably 49000+)

Some modems have routers, and if you have a local IP, it probably is one of those. :P Sure sounds like it at least.

Anyway, as I was saying, there looks to be some problems with Level3, so not much you can do about it.

Actually I've always used 6881 and gotten great speeds (pretty much maxing to 90 kB/s with my 768k connection). Anyway after reading other topics with the same problems I'm experiencing I guess it has to do with Level3 or whatever.

Anyway, can anyone tell me what Base Host Port is for? I've never seen it mentioned in port forwarding guides at all so it would be nice to at least know what it does.

I think I'm having the same problem. For some reason recently (these past few days), DHT doesn't seem to work, "Waiting to Log In" or DHT=0 peers (Login). I have no other firewall than the Windows. I already tried resetting the port manually to 52000.

I now disable it and enable it periodically to see whether it'd come back up.

• 3 years later...

I'm new to uTorrent, but knew there was something wrong when i couldnt download anything and got the same messages...

DHT: Waiting to Log In and DHT: 0 Nodes (Login)

I dont know much about computers but had a read around and checked my Computer Firewall (Norton) and UTorrent is allowed and Port Forwarded correctly - using the check on uTorrent - but am still getting these messages, and can't download ANYTHING...

Have I done something wrong? Or is there anything I can do to fix this problem?

Thanks.

Archived