Upload Speed Very Low (Download Speed Fine)

Yelix

Alright using vista, ports forwarded (UTorrent gives me the OK!), firewall disabled. and Glasnost sais my ISP is not interfering in any way.. recently got a new router (linksys wireless N and tried connecting Comp directly to modem) and ISP if that helps.

For some reason my upload speeds are terrible... seeding large files and getting around 5 kB/s when it should be around 120 kB/s (according to speedtest.net and rapidshare upload speed..) . Made private torrents and gave friends the download link and theyre getting like 5 kB/s or less when it should be much higher for them. My download speed seems to be fine though.. tried download every speed test torrent and getting appropriate speeds ( for some i get 80 kB/s ... others i get around 500.. max is like 1.1 MB/s but thats still good)

Any ideas?

Thanks

You will likely need to try 'extreme' hiding tricks to get better speeds:

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=361747#p361747

(Note: My post immediately following that one explains what settings in uTorrent are similar to the Azureus ones.)

Hopefully, you won't be needing to remove all trackers, reboot, and force-feed uTorrent 1 peer at a time. :(

Archived