seeding properly?

rosscore

Now, I'm new to this, so I may be doing something wrong which is very easy and apologies if I am!

Basically, I created torrents for a certain legal music sharing site. Just rare ones, nothing wrong with it. The music files are in my My Music folder, the torrents are located in the uTorrent downloads folder, in a separate folder.

In order to get a good ratio, I left these files to seed, everything was fine.

I shut down uTorrent accidentally and when I re-opened, the torrents weren't on the main screen. They still show on my profile on the site and I can download them fine. But nothing's being uploaded...as these files were popular a day or so ago, I don't think interest just died off. I'm talking zero uploading.

Confusing, because I can't explain it properly. But I want to seed, downloading's my second priority. Any help would be great!

Hm. You're probably going to have to reload the .torrent files from Start > Run > %appdata%\uTorrent, and point µTorrent to the actual files' current locations on disk. As well, make sure you enable Preferences > Advanced > bt.graceful_shutdown in µTorrent. That option will cause µTorrent to take some more time to exit, but it'll make sure it exits properly (so that this disappearing of torrent jobs doesn't happen again).

Archived